OT: Joseph to Lose "Interim" Tag

Taj79

1 hour ago, Taj79 said:

Maurice Joseph is just about the opposite of Jim Crews [dead].  Young, african-american, no track record of mediocrity, not obsessed with the state of Indiana, etc.  I'd imagine his chances at success at higher than [dead].

Could be good young hire.  Geedubya one of most expensive schools in USA.  Large, electic international flavor.  Predominant foreign recruiting tack.  Larsen.  Watanabee.  Kopriva. Mensah-Bonsu.  Going to be inyeresting.  Joseph also Canadien.

21 hours ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

I propose a new Billikens.com rule. Anytime some uses the term (Trigger warning!) "Interim coach", they should provide a Trigger warning for those of us still recovering from our former coach's tenure. Use my example as a template.

Thanks in advance.

Can we just make the software bleep out J** C**** and also throw in buzzwords like "preferred walkon"

On 03/15/2017 at 9:51 AM, billikenfan05 said:

Can we just make the software bleep out J** C**** and also throw in buzzwords like "preferred walkon"

You talking about Jim Crews?

Billikens.com must never forget.

On 15/03/2017 at 2:30 AM, RUBillsFan said:

Maurice Joseph is just about the opposite of Jim Crews [dead].  Young, african-american, no track record of mediocrity, not obsessed with the state of Indiana, etc.  I'd imagine his chances at success at higher than [dead].

Not African-American at all. Just a Canadian, we don't see colour :) We do recognize his Trini blood/roots though...

Seriously though, that he's black and 31 does not *automatically* mean he can "relate" to inner city American kids. His culture and upbringing is so far removed from that lifestyle - unless the average kid in East Stl speaks french and enjoys a spicy curry goat every now and then...

7 hours ago, William Iken said:

Not African-American at all. Just a Canadian, we don't see colour :) We do recognize his Trini blood/roots though...

Seriously though, that he's black and 31 does not *automatically* mean he can "relate" to inner city American kids. His culture and upbringing is so far removed from that lifestyle - unless the average kid in East Stl speaks french and enjoys a spicy curry goat every now and then...

Good point.  I really have / had no idea about Joseph's background.  My point was the Crews could not relate to young basketball players (of any color) at all (with the possible caveat of those coming from the state of Indiana).  Comparing the two because they both happened to be interim coaches is stupid.