• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Here's how it went in my household:

-Hines misses ill-advised layup.

-Hines fouls at the other end to stop the clock, heads to the bench.

-Baby monitor starts going nuts.

-I run upstairs to feed my son and put him back down.

-I come down and we've won.

WHAT HAPPENED AND CAN I GET SOME VIDEO OF IT?

Dukes two missed foul shots Crawford rush to the hoop and loses the ball JJ gets the ball throws up a prayer not answered Roby rebounds and finishes with 1.6 left

7 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Hallelujah!  SLU wins 72-71 on tip in by Roby with 1.6 seconds left, SLU's only lead of the game. 

Billikens rally from 18 down to live to play another day.

Coach Travis Ford and this depleted roster win their 12th game, 1 more than the preceding failed regime the last 2 seasons. 

Damn right, really wanted this one just for that reason!

I barely am sure what happened. My laptop shut off with somewhere around 5-8 minutes to go. Scrambled to restart it, but couldn't pick up the feed. Switched to 101's website...nothing. Suddenly, the video feed reappears for the final minute and a half. Kind of blurry, but clear enough to see Roby pick up the pieces for the winner. Wow wow wow.

I really wanted to see this team get to 12 wins, just to say they eclipsed the last 2 years. They got it.

3 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Dukes two missed foul shots Crawford rush to the hoop and loses the ball JJ gets the ball throws up a prayer not answered Roby rebounds and finishes with 1.6 left

I'd add JJs prayer was shot falling forward after retrieving loose ball caused by MCs ill advised layup attempt. JJ shot glanced side of board and Roby baked in rebound in a play we're more used to being on the receiving end. very athletic play by 20 and 05!

Tonight is the first time I have really been impressed with JJ's speed up and down the court.  I don't know if he has gotten a little quicker throughout the year or what.  Early in the year, I didn't think he could defend the small forward position.  Now, I think he did just fine.  It really adds a different dimension to the game with him, Welmer, and Agbeko on the floor.