Dayton, VCU and Wichita St. to AAC?

If Dayton, VCU and Wichita St. go to AAC. Where does that leave SLU? I really wonder if the Big East is a realistic possibility anymore and if it is not what is the plan? I guess the Valley? I really think there is more going on than we know. More with the coach situation, more with the money situation and more or less nothing with the conference situation. I'm just worried SLU isn't prepared for what might come and be left holding the bag. Thoughts?

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Billy Ken said:

If Dayton, VCU and Wichita St. go to AAC. Where does that leave SLU? I really wonder if the Big East is a realistic possibility anymore and if it is not what is the plan? I guess the Valley? I really think there is more going on than we know. More with the coach situation, more with the money situation and more or less nothing with the conference situation. I'm just worried SLU isn't prepared for what might come and be left holding the bag. Thoughts?

Where does that leave SLU? well look at it this way, we will be the Whichita or Gonzaga of our conference. If we get ranked, we will be on tv. We will also be GARUNTEED a trip to the tourney every single year. 

Why is Temple in with that crowd- it looks like a good fit for Wichita back with old Valley members Tulsa, Memphis, Cincinnati 

Uconn and Temple are odd ducks in my opinion

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2017 at 5:47 PM, Glorydays2013 said:

Where does that leave SLU? well look at it this way, we will be the Whichita or Gonzaga of our conference. If we get ranked, we will be on tv. We will also be GARUNTEED a trip to the tourney every single year. 

Just because you put things in caps doesn't make it true. Also you should learn to spell if you want to be taken seriously here....please explain to me how we will be "garunteed" a trip to the tourney in a conference. I'll hang up and listen .

12 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Just because you put things in caps doesn't make it true. Also you should learn to spell if you want to be taken seriously here....please explain to me how we will be "garunteed" a trip to the tourney in a conference. I'll hang up and listen .

Hey keep criticizing me, I'll let time tell. 

1 minute ago, billikenfan05 said:

Seriously make a real argument. I'm all ears.

I was right all year about Zeke should leave. And every damn time you guys called me a Zeke hater and all this BS about that hurting recruiting ties. I said it meant something when he wasn't playing much when we were a $%]# team when he had the talent to do so. Him and Johnson could have been starters. He could have started over a damn Walk on, but NOOOO glory days is stupid, glorydays is trying to hurt our recruiting. Maybe y'all need to realize I see things you don't. Stop looking at the world in your tunnel and be open to new ideas. 

I've also said his playing time and him not being a Ford recruit, while being a freshmen was a downside to him being on this team. AGAIN Almost everyone here went after me, but I stood my ground because I will not ever stand down to my beliefs and observations if I truly believe them. 

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/18983243/american-athletic-conference-make-decision-adding-wichita-state-shockers

ESPN article today stating WSU will accept an AAC invite, if one is offered.  AAC will be adding only than one, per the usual anonymous source. So the A-10 appears to be stable, for at least a little while longer.

I don't want anymore public schools in the a-10.   i.e. Illinois state.   if it was up to me, i'd have the billikens in a conference that was completely like minded similar schools.     

1 minute ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Illinois St. Sorry I thought that was local enough for people to know. If Wichita leaves, they might be looking to leave too. Just curious to see if they could help the A10 or not

That was my guess, but just wanted to make sure. To answer your question, I don't see that being a good fit on either end. ISU fits pretty well in the Valley and WSU leaving wouldn't change that. They were good this year, but they don't exactly have the recent history to suggest that a step up in conference is a good idea. Further, they don't add anything to the A-10.

Here's a road trip for you --- Olean, NY, to Normal, IL.  Without a charter, its bus from Olean to Rochester (107 miles).  Fly from Rochester to Chicago Midway (a minimum four-hour flight with layover via commercial air).  Then a 2.5 hour bus ride from Chicago down to Normal.  Almost nine hours of travel time not including prep (leave early, get to airport in enough time, etc.).  Gots ta feel bad for dem Bonnies.

Ditto the state school route.  I did not know that George Mason was a public university.  Thought, due to the name , it was private.  So we have four public schools now in the league -- Mason, VCU, Umass and Rhode Island.  And of the schools, seven play football --- Davidson, Duquesne, Dayton, Umass, Rhode Island, Richmond and Fordham.  Only Umass is an FBS football playing member.