Dayton, VCU and Wichita St. to AAC?

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, JMM28 said:
One girl, I drove through three states wearing her head as a hat.

wahahahaha, dude.  i just watched gone in sixty seconds tonight.  nick cage sure had the market on bull**** cornered there for awhile.

1 hour ago, johnbj14 said:

It's happening. 

And it looks like Wichita State took about 3 nanoseconds to accept.  The initial report is for 18 bb games, with 7 home and home and 4 onesies. 

I had always considered the AAC to be more or less equal in strength to the A10, both with typically 2 top 25 teams and both with some seriously inept bottom feeders.  Adding a perennial ranked team, to me, puts them a leg up on the A10.

44 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

And it looks like Wichita State took about 3 nanoseconds to accept.  The initial report is for 18 bb games, with 7 home and home and 4 onesies. 

I had always considered the AAC to be more or less equal in strength to the A10, both with typically 2 top 25 teams and both with some seriously inept bottom feeders.  Adding a perennial ranked team, to me, puts them a leg up on the A10.

Wouldn't an A-10 vs. AAC challenge event be fun and add one top-level opponent to our schedule each year.

2 hours ago, waldo027 said:

Matt Norlander = tool. Guy is a national college basketball writer and thinks it's easier to make the dance in the Valley than in the A10.

Sounds about as dumb as glorydays hoping for a weakened a10

On 4/4/2017 at 1:19 PM, tarheelbilliken said:

If VCU/UD bolt for AAC, hopefully we will be part that package also.

Be nice to bring back old rivals like Memphis & Cincy.

I think you guys will be a great fit in the Missouri Valley with WSU leaving.  You will be very competitive with Illinois State and Northern Iowa. Plus the tournament, which would be your best chance to make the NCAA again, would be home games. 

13 minutes ago, MUTGR said:

I think you guys will be a great fit in the Missouri Valley with WSU leaving.  You will be very competitive with Illinois State and Northern Iowa. Plus the tournament, which would be your best chance to make the NCAA again, would be home games. 

1 hour ago, MUTGR said:

What is your history with Northern Iowa?

Just now, kmbilliken said:

What is your history with Northern Iowa?

Norm coached there, they probably beat us before in an upset, my peeps are from Cerro Gordo County, Iowa after immigrating from Ireland. Other than that, not much.