Coaching movement that might affect SLU

4 hours ago, TheA_Bomb said:

You guys are so fatalistic about the A10.  VCU and Udee aren't the flag ship institutions, the league had parity and the top teams have changed over the years.  UMASS, St Joe, URI, SLU, GW all have the potential to rise again.  A10 will be about what it's been.

Interesting take. UD loses 5 senior seniors so even the best coach in the conference was going to have trouble leading them to a top 3 finish. St Bonaventure, OTOH, returns the best backcourt in the conference. Richmond loses 2 key seniors but their young players are talented. They are going to be very good in 2 years. The top of the conference will look different, at least temporarily.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Interesting take. UD loses 5 senior seniors so even the best coach in the conference was going to have trouble leading them to a top 3 finish. St Bonaventure, OTOH, returns the best backcourt in the conference. Richmond loses 2 key seniors but their young players are talented. They are going to be very good in 2 years. The top of the conference will look different will look different, at least temporarily.

Yeah true I didn't consider Richmond they have potential.  A10 is a balanced conference the programs rise and fall but the equilibrium of the conference is fairly constant.  There's enough recruiting base and institutional commitment to basketball to maintain.

31 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

Based on the coaching changes, there is no reason we shouldn't be top 3 or top 2 A10 next year

We will have the most talented roster on paper, no reason we can't be top 2 with Dayton and VCU in shambles. Rhode Island only has 1 new freshmen as of now and 5 returning player who will be seniors

20 hours ago, CGMAN618 said:

They may have talked, but Illinois did NOT offer Martin so quit spreading this false rumor.  That was put out by the Martin camp and has been addressed by Josh Whitman on more than one occasion 

Finebaum had a good source.  I know on this one. 

23 hours ago, brianstl said:

Bill Laurie is pouring money into the program again.  We all remember how that worked out for the Tigers last time.  Laurie has the magic touch when it comes to sports.  Just ask a Blues fan.

I wish he was. I understand his money is going to Memphis.

On 3/25/2017 at 9:35 PM, Glorydays2013 said:

With Archie gone there is doubt that Kostas will stay at Dayton. He could follow Archie and rebuild Indiana. Could be good we don't have to face him but I would very much like to have him even if it seems doubtful

Am I missing something here, but wouldn't Kostas have to sit another year and lose a season of eligibility if he transfers from Dayton?

11 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Am I missing something here, but wouldn't Kostas have to sit another year and lose a season of eligibility if he transfers from Dayton?

Trying to Transfer While Ineligible

In Division I, a student-athlete who transfers while ineligible at his or her original school is not allowed to be given an athletic scholarship at the second school. If you are considering transferring, make sure you know all the academic requirements you have to meet not only to be eligible at your new school, but also at your original school. Your old school should be willing to help, especially in Division I where leaving ineligible will cost the school significant APR points.

Antetokounmpo would be better off staying in Dayton. The Flyers have made an enormous commitment to basketball and will make a good hire. This kid is a raw stringbean who didn't make any of the three all-state teams. He could develop into a monster in a league devoid of 6'9 skywalkers. In the Big 10? He would have to go to a bottom feeder to get minutes.

12 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

According to the Pittsburgh Post Gazette, the list of candidates who have turned down Duquesne's HC position is now at four:  Whitford from Ball State, Becker from Vermont, Fife from Michigan State, and Rice from Monmouth. 

In their defense, any of those guys would've been a good hire for them, so at least they're focusing on good candidates.

Also, the total may actually be at 5. Word the other day was that they were going to see if they could get Duquesne alum Keith Dambrot from Akron. That would've been a grand slam hire for them, but I think things fizzled there.

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

They are supposedly going to put $40 million into the Polumbo Center.  Box, no word if this will effect the view of the duct work.

http://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2017/03/05/duquesne-make-major-investment-basketball-program/

Uh-oh.  This could spell the end of my beloved ductwork.

ATH_Duquesne-AJ-Palumbo-Center_3_A.jpg

35 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

Uh-oh.  This could spell the end of my beloved ductwork.

ATH_Duquesne-AJ-Palumbo-Center_3_A.jpg

Odd that they'd turn what could be four levels of suites into two. I've never been to a game in a suite and thought, "You know what this is missing? 20-foot ceilings."

2 hours ago, Pistol said:

Odd that they'd turn what could be four levels of suites into two. I've never been to a game in a suite and thought, "You know what this is missing? 20-foot ceilings."

-shouldn't they have sketched bodies in the suites? granted they may not get used, but geez, and why is the poor batsard sitting in one suite with no one else? looks similar to Pitt's arena

-also, why would the artist insert their elbow like in old-time photographs having a finger or something over the lens? 

29 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-shouldn't they have sketched bodies in the suites? granted they may not get used, but geez, and why is the poor batsard sitting in one suite with no one else? looks similar to Pitt's arena

-also, why would the artist insert their elbow like in old-time photographs having a finger or something over the lens? 

The numerous empty seats make it a very realistic depiction of an actual Duquesne game.