Coaching movement that might affect SLU

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

Wouldn't it be such a UMC move to buy the #1 recruit and then be placed on probation? 

Bill Laurie is pouring money into the program again.  We all remember how that worked out for the Tigers last time.  Laurie has the magic touch when it comes to sports.  Just ask a Blues fan.

2 hours ago, MUTGR said:

I'm not predicting NCAA tournament.  I was pleased with the hire before the Porter rumors started. Oh, and Illinois wanted Martin too. 

This guy came over here to troll about Martin and the no. 1 recruit in the nation committing to MU... and he doesn't even think they're going to make the dance next season ??

What are you guys even talking about then??

IMG_8810.GIF

48 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

This guy came over here to troll about Martin and the no. 1 recruit in the nation committing to MU... and he doesn't even think they're going to make the dance next season ??

What are you guys even talking about then??

IMG_8810.GIF

Tigerboard is shameful, and that clown needs to head back over to them.

3 hours ago, MUTGR said:

Neither. Illinois had him targeted too.  They offered him. 

They may have talked, but Illinois did NOT offer Martin so quit spreading this false rumor.  That was put out by the Martin camp and has been addressed by Josh Whitman on more than one occasion 

9 hours ago, kshoe said:

People have been arguing with Hoosier billiken for about two years now on this board. He's not exactly a model of the average billiken fan. He actually likes Jim crews...

Next thing you should do is quote glory days and act as if he speaks for all billiken fans.

Thanks for having my back and supporting the Mizzou faithful. 

Returning to Archie Miller's migration from Dayton to Indiana, this move comes at a good time for SLU. With Travis Ford's recruiting efforts about to bear fruit, Dayton's loss of its Coach should allow SLU to overtake Dayton again, which is important for Big East expansion purposes, that is if there are any. Irrespective of the Big East, this should aid SLU in becoming Top Dog again in the A10.

8 hours ago, CGMAN618 said:

They may have talked, but Illinois did NOT offer Martin so quit spreading this false rumor.  That was put out by the Martin camp and has been addressed by Josh Whitman on more than one occasion 

I thought you had said that thanks for setting the record straight.

I wish the Missouri fan could just give out information like you do and just be excited for the future and enjoy that.

Both Missouri and Illinois have a bright future ahead of them just like SLU that will produce some good regional basketball.

I hope for something like Bay Area Billiken is enjoying with 2 Northwest region teams in the final 4.

Talking about the A10 and how poorly the two top teams did in the NCAA . How about the third team that went to the Dance, RI. RI was beaten by Oregon by 3 points, Oregon went forward to over Kansas last night by 14 points. Not a bad showfor RI, would you agree?

51 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Talking about the A10 and how poorly the two top teams did in the NCAA . How about the third team that went to the Dance, RI. RI was beaten by Oregon by 3 points, Oregon went forward to over Kansas last night by 14 points. Not a bad showfor RI, would you agree?

Agree 100 percent old guy, I thought they finally got it together towards the end of the conference season then winning the A10 tournament.

I thought that RI could be dangerous in the big dance and they were.

Better play in the regular season could have gotten them a better seed that may have gotten them to the elite 8.

I do not like coach Hurley and his antics on the sidelines however I hope he remains as the coach and keep RI playing at a high level.

1 minute ago, CBFan said:

Agree 100 percent old guy, I thought they finally got it together towards the end of the conference season then winning the A10 tournament.

I thought that RI could be dangerous in the big dance and they were.

Better play in the regular season could have gotten them a better seed that may have gotten them to the elite 8.

I do not like coach Hurley and his antics on the sidelines however I hope he remains as the coach and keep RI playing at a high level.

Matthews is coming back for his senior year, so RI should be solid again next season.

1 hour ago, Old guy said:

I don't think the Kansas game had anything to do with how well Rhode Island did this year, but I agree, they looked solid.

31 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

This is somewhat OT, but here is an interesting read on Archie Miller heading to IU . Interesting discussion of why he never considered his alma mater, NC State.

http://www.mydaytondailynews.com/sports/tom-archdeacon-behind-the-scenes-archie-miller-road-indiana/FVTuIsT8BNtcjAK7imjpUM/

Good read thanks 

You guys are so fatalistic about the A10.  VCU and Udee aren't the flag ship institutions, the league had parity and the top teams have changed over the years.  UMASS, St Joe, URI, SLU, GW all have the potential to rise again.  A10 will be about what it's been.

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

This is somewhat OT, but here is an interesting read on Archie Miller heading to IU . Interesting discussion of why he never considered his alma mater, NC State.

http://www.mydaytondailynews.com/sports/tom-archdeacon-behind-the-scenes-archie-miller-road-indiana/FVTuIsT8BNtcjAK7imjpUM/

I had seen one or two media members adamantly say from the moment Gottfried was fired that Archie wasn't going to NC State. I guess that was why.

5 hours ago, CBFan said:

I thought you had said that thanks for setting the record straight.

I wish the Missouri fan could just give out information like you do and just be excited for the future and enjoy that.

Both Missouri and Illinois have a bright future ahead of them just like SLU that will produce some good regional basketball.

I hope for something like Bay Area Billiken is enjoying with 2 Northwest region teams in the final 4.

What you may be missing is understanding of MUTGR's board history.  He's a Mizzou/SLU grad — bachelor's former, master's latter — who has consistently demonstrated disdain for the SLU program.  There aren't many "regional" fans (outside of [maybe] members of media), as all three camps have fans that expect people to choose one to the exclusion of others.  Few of us truly root for and want to see the success and prosperity of more than one of the programs.