Coaching movement that might affect SLU

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a shame. I wish he would have gotten another year. He came in to clean up the program but he had to win as well. Seems to be less arrests lately.  

UMC misery helped get me through this season as well as the teams progress. Even if it is Cuonzo, does he really have a name locally anymore? Tough spot for anyone to turn around especially since the SEC will be much improved next season.

As others have said, it depends on who Mizzou hires. If they hire someone who flat gets after it in recruiting and generates some buzz, then it could add competition for SLU in that regard.

With that said, Mizzou has had some of the same issues as SLU in recruiting in the last 10 years. They've also missed out on a number of local kids.

I thought we had a dumpster fire on our hands last year, but Mizzou might be even a tougher rebuilding job.

7 minutes ago, kshoe said:

Who they hire definitely affects SLU, particularly recruiting. Here's hoping it's a flavor of the week mid major guy with no real ties to the area.

Mizzou has a long road back. If SLU keeps on building momentum next year and can keep Gordon, then I'm not worried. 

Quin

anderson 

haith

anderson

(I like SLU's chances to stay in front)

2 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Mizzou has a long road back. If SLU keeps on building momentum next year and can keep Gordon, then I'm not worried. 

Quin

anderson 

haith

anderson

(I like SLU's chances to stay in front)

People thought we had a long road back too (remember there was talk of 10 yr rebuilds and whatnot).

Just like Ford/Tate were the right coaches for SLU, if mizzou makes the right hire they could be relevant quickly too.

Looking about Anderson's dismissal, the AD at Mizzou (Sterk) has been in that position since September 2016. He probably had to show the administration that he was a man of action and therefore out went Anderson who had had 3 very lack luster seasons at Mizzou. We will see who they get, maybe Kellogg?

Look Ford is a grade A recruiter, and most of the talent is in the city of STL and the surrounding area, if kids really want to stay local, they will go here over Mizzou. Don't we have better facilities as well? Mizzou is struggling badly, didn't they have the largest decline in students last year? Also with all the fiasco at Mizzou, would someone really want to go there? In my opinion they either do well and get a great hire, or take a chance on someones Assistant Coach