CBFan

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

Not sure what people see in Welmer.  

I'm not going to say that he won't make an impact in the future when the talent level goes up, but I've seen a few too many players like him at SLU over the years who show flashes of being good as freshmen, but don't turn into key players later in their careers.

1 minute ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

I'm not going to say that he won't make an impact in the future when the talent level goes up, but I've seen a few too many players like him at SLU over the years who show flashes of being good as freshmen, but don't turn into key players later in their careers.

try every player in the Roby/Gillmann/Bartley/Reynolds/Yarbrough class.  Except Jolly.

1 minute ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

He just seems way too slow and weak for D-1. 

Bills down 27-19, FG 8-21, 3 pt 3-10, FT 0-2 thanks Elliot, rebounds 13-12 SLU TO's 6.

Gilly on the stat sheet with a turnover

1 minute ago, Glorydays2013 said:

No one else but roby had ANY notable D-1 offers. Crews had something against SLU, to go from top 25 to recruit nobodys. Blood is boiling

Yarbrough supposedly had offers from a couple decent schools early on.

2 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

No one else but roby had ANY notable D-1 offers. Crews had something against SLU, to go from top 25 to recruit nobodys. Blood is boiling

As much as it pains me to post something that might suggest that Crews had any recruiting ability, but Reynolds allegedly had an offer from LSU, Bartley from Creighton (among likely others), Yarbrough from a Valley school or two (Illinois State at least). Actually, even Jolly was mentioned to have some offers.