2K Sports Classic

Glory --- we are one of the "big" logos because we are going to NYC.  We could go 0 - 2 in the prelim games and we'd still be in NYC.  I think the same went for the Vegas and Corpus Christie tournaments the last few years.  In any case, it's the Gahh-den.  I'll be there.  Hope you make it box.  Good to see Jim (kwyjibo) again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
On 3/22/2017 at 9:36 AM, JohnnyJumpUp said:

Anyone know when the 2K Sports "SLU fan section" tickets will go on sale, through the Billiken Ticket Office? I've called the ticket office several times since they went on sale 3/9 on Ticketmaster, but they have no clue there. 

Tickets are on sale now through the Billiken box office (314-977-1260). The cheapest option was $100/game to be in the SLU section, which is section 108, behind our bench. Was told these seats would be in rows 5-18. You can put down a $25 deposit for priority preference. There were also options up to $500 (courtside). Row 5 is fairly close to the court, so not sure it's worth it to spend say $250 where ever that seat is (didn't inquire). 

I'm not sure if I'll go through the U or just end up scalping.. guessing there will be tons of open seats. I've actually never gone through the U for tickets, nor been to MSG, so if anyone has advice that would be great. I'm partial to scalping (and finding my own seats) in general, but if the prices offered by SLU are "a deal" then maybe that's the route to take.

For reference, on SeatGeek right now you can by tickets for $30/game on either baseline. There are also listed tickets for section 108, row 7 for $237/each and 108, row 22 for $163/each. (Which makes the $100 look good, but who knows how these fluctuate). 

I have some good news to share.
With excitement building for the coming season, and alums, fans and students likely wanting to travel well to NY for the 2K Classic, the SLU Alumni team has negotiated a great hotel deal.

The Moxi Hotel - Times Square, a chic boutique slated to open this fall, will be available to SLU fans for $189-199 per night. At this time of year with holidays approaching, this is an outstanding deal in Manhattan. Here's the SLU offer link:

Book your group rate for Saint Louis University Alumni 

The SLU team negotiated the deal for 11/15 -- 11/19, the two days of the tourney plus a day before and after, in case anyone wants to make weekend out of it. Looks like 10/25 is last day to book.

The Moxi is a new Marriott brand. This property at 485 7th Ave - just a few blocks from MSG - will be their flagship. I did Google search and saw it's in US News' top 12 most exciting hotel openings for 2017. What a place for Billikens HQ... http://travel.usnews.com/features/12-most-anticipated-us-hotel-openings-of-2017/

And in case you're wondering, I was told yes, plan on a fan party at a gathering spot on date and time to be announced. Discussions already underway. If you've been to these before: they are A+.

I know some of the team working on this. I'm probably prejudiced, but must say: this is the way top tier organizations do it. So great to see them already planning for big things from this team. Makes me wonder: maybe it's not so hard being a Billiken fan...

Who's going?  Let's go Bills!

9 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

Foley's would make a ton of sense - it's the St. Louis/Cardinals bar in NYC, and it's close to the Garden.

doubt its better than the Foleys in maplewood 

13 hours ago, Adman said:
I have some good news to share.
With excitement building for the coming season, and alums, fans and students likely wanting to travel well to NY for the 2K Classic, the SLU Alumni team has negotiated a great hotel deal.

The Moxi Hotel - Times Square, a chic boutique slated to open this fall, will be available to SLU fans for $189-199 per night. At this time of year with holidays approaching, this is an outstanding deal in Manhattan. Here's the SLU offer link:

Book your group rate for Saint Louis University Alumni 

The SLU team negotiated the deal for 11/15 -- 11/19, the two days of the tourney plus a day before and after, in case anyone wants to make weekend out of it. Looks like 10/25 is last day to book.

The Moxi is a new Marriott brand. This property at 485 7th Ave - just a few blocks from MSG - will be their flagship. I did Google search and saw it's in US News' top 12 most exciting hotel openings for 2017. What a place for Billikens HQ... http://travel.usnews.com/features/12-most-anticipated-us-hotel-openings-of-2017/

And in case you're wondering, I was told yes, plan on a fan party at a gathering spot on date and time to be announced. Discussions already underway. If you've been to these before: they are A+.

I know some of the team working on this. I'm probably prejudiced, but must say: this is the way top tier organizations do it. So great to see them already planning for big things from this team. Makes me wonder: maybe it's not so hard being a Billiken fan...

Who's going?  Let's go Bills!

Moxy. Stayed at the Moxy off the Quarter in New Orleans right before Christmas and the new Marriott branded hotel is fantastic. Catering to the millennial traveler, the "check-in" area is at the bar (which in NOLA, was open 24 hours, with each hotel having a "signature cocktail," representative of the city). Use corporate code GDY when booking.

On 5/12/2017 at 0:52 PM, Bobby Metzinger said:

Moxy. Stayed at the Moxy off the Quarter in New Orleans right before Christmas and the new Marriott branded hotel is fantastic. Catering to the millennial traveler, the "check-in" area is at the bar (which in NOLA, was open 24 hours, with each hotel having a "signature cocktail," representative of the city). Use corporate code GDY when booking.

Great to hear, thanks for the report. I haven't stayed at a Moxi yet.

Looks like this NY Moxi will have rooftop indoor/outdoor bar. Nice. Especially after Bills win.

On 5/12/2017 at 9:49 AM, Box and Won said:

Foley's would make a ton of sense - it's the St. Louis/Cardinals bar in NYC, and it's close to the Garden.

What a video! What they say about Foley's being NY's St. Louis bar is so true. I had never heard of it until about a year ago. Then my brother in law told me about it and I wandered in during a business trip. Wow. They really roll out the red carpet regardless whether a Billikens, Blues or Cardinals fan. I know Bills have had partíes there before...

In terms of atmosphere, its the typical Irish pub you'd find in Dublin, NY, McConnell's in Dogtown, etc. But a STL pub in middle of Manhattan is anything but typical. Would be cool spot.

We are booking an apartment rental in the vicinity of the Herald Square/Midtown area.  We need two separate bedrooms and at $200/night, I can come in way under that budget with an "air bnb" rental.  But we will be there.  Already have tickets (second row baseline). 

On 5/13/2017 at 8:22 PM, Adman said:

Great to hear, thanks for the report. I haven't stayed at a Moxi yet.

Looks like this NY Moxi will have rooftop indoor/outdoor bar. Nice. Especially after Bills win.

Hopefully they allow a celebratory cigar on the outdoor patio! Got a couple of Monty #2's been saving up for a solid Bills win in the Garden!

44 minutes ago, kshoe said:

Looks like the preliminary games are set. Fri. Nov 10 vs. Seattle and Wed. Nov 22 vs. Detroit Mercy

http://www.slubillikens.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=27200&ATCLID=211598601

Mods, can we get a schedule update on the front page with the known games and dates, etc.

This whole charade of calling unrelated games as part of a tournament keeps getting more absurd.  You could win the tournament before the tournament is over.

Well we get the two RPI killers in the prelims. Or I guess it is the prelim and postlim. Weird set up. Looks like Providence, VT and/or UW pulled rank for the better two RPI teams.

Game on Friday Nov 10 and then in NYC Thursday Nov 16.  Chance for another game on Monday Nov 13?