OT. What does it take to be #1?

The Wiz

Since tomorrow's a holiday , I thought I would run some numbers to see what it takes to be a #1 team. I thought  it would not only be interesting but give the Bills a target to shoot for in the future. .In this case, we are talking about  #1 Gonzaga. So how does this tiny little school from the Northwest  beat out the basketball behemoths? Is it luck? ...a little bit....Is it an easier schedule ( B- )? ...a little bit.  (The Bills schedule is a B ) But the key factor for  any #1 is you have to have a good report card....ie you have to be good.. You don't have to be perfect ...but you have to be able to shoot ...rebound...defend  and take care of the ball.  Let's look at the Gonz report card.....

Gonz

Overall..................A+

Offense

PPG.....................A+

Slash...................A+ / B+ / A-

Off Reb.................A+

TOs.......................A

Defense

PPG......................A+

Slash.....................A+ / A+

Def Reb................B+

Opp TOs...............C

Pretty impressive....And now we know what the Bills need to work on ....Everything

Btw...The Zags have their work cut out for them in the coming days....They just lost 2 players to injuries in the last few days and that is on top of losing their center for the season at the beginning of the year. So some of that depth has disappeared.  And as we have seen this year with the Bills depth is important. 

While we won't make the Dean's list next year...I would like to see us make the Honor Roll ( B- )