Fordham over the Bills by 9

The Wiz

SLU.............................................................................For

Offense

D-.....................................Overall Grade......................C

F-.......................................PPG....................................F+

F / C- / D-..........................Slash..................................F+ / D- / B

F+......................................Off Reb...............................F-...4th worst in nation

C-.......................................TOs....................................C

F+.......................................Opp TOs............................A+...2nd in the nation

Defense

C........................................PPG...................................B

D. /D-..................................Slash.................................F+ / D-

D+........................................Def Reb............................D

No change on the offense

Trending down on defense....PPG and def slash...not a good sign...need to turn this around if we are to win anymore games

Can we win this game?....A definite yes.  But wait... didn't you see the 9 pt spread ...and how about their overall grade is more than a full letter higher than ours and they just beat RI and their record is better and it is  ....and......and.....and.....timeout..

They are us. Offensively not much different...we shoot 3's a little better...they are a better FT team ...overall about the same.  Same story on D...about the same...

So what's the story?...It all comes down to 1 stat.....opp TOs...they force TOs...one guy alone Chartouny has 3-4 steals per game. That 1 stat is the reason for their full letter grade higher...It is the answer to all those questions above....the 9 pt spread is about TOs. 

In terms of things to watch...not much ...no real stars or dominant players (especially if we play D )  Hawkins is their main scorer. One of their starting forwards is questionable...Slanina..missed the last 2 games ...wrist. If he doesn't play Sengfelder their 2nd leading scorer will try to make up some of the difference.

Bottom line....Protect the ball...don't get into FT battle with them....if we are down by a few with the clock running down and we have to foul, we will lose..... The fact they do little Off Reb is a plus for us.   Once again, it will take a full 40 min of effort to beat them...no dead zones ( basket free for 6+ min)..  BTW....Did I mention....protect the ball...If our TO differential is zero or better...we win....this assumes we have just an average shooting night. 

Go Bills

I watched Fordham a few weeks ago. Their defense has holes in it. If you don't turn the ball over, you will get a lot of open looks (layups, wide open 3's, etc). So yes, I completely agree with the Wiz. Just take care of the ball. There will be turnovers, but don't let it snowball. 

I've seen Fordham a few times -- in each game Chartouny was in foul trouble and a non-factor.  The Bonnies handled them easily in Rochester, NY.  Then they almost blew a 13 point lead at home to VCU but won in OT.  They won a slugfest at Umass trading blows for 40 minutes.  The beat Davidson on the road and then lost big to them at home.  They lost to the Joeys at home and then beat them in Philly.  They are just a very strange team.  Hawkins is a grad transfer from EKU.  Nice athlete at 6'5".  Sengfelder is a Euro-big from Germany.  Steady but unspectacular.  Anderson is a nice point guard.  Slanina is a Czech euro-big as well but nothing too heady. 

They might se emore to play for ---- If they beat us it likely means they are out of the PIG and we are in. 

This was a poor showing even for a D- team....If you look at the slash line listed above in the OP  you will see an unspectacular F / C- / D-...today we came in at 37.5 / 26.7 / 54.5  which translates into ....F- / F- / F-

Enough said.

I wish I could tell you things will be better...but the next one at VCU will be nasty (prepare for a troll attack)....

Next projected win....November

Tick...tick...tick...3 weeks