Missing Bus Driver?

bgtholt88

I think we should all be grateful she didn't stick around w/ her box of wine being 5 times over the legal limit to drive the Bills to PA. Can't imagine a much worse road trip than a huge bus barreling down a snowy highway w/ a higher than a kite 56 year old bus driver. This story could have turned out sooo much worse than a 2-3 hour delay. Olean once again proves to be a major headache for SLU. Wish those guys would move to the Patriot Conference.  

Bills do seem to have problems w/ busses though. After we won the A10 in 12-13 didn't the team bus get stuck in NJ and have to watch selection Sunday from a Best Buy? Can't remember exactly what the problem was, ie a break down, traffic jam, but thought it was kind of humorous they were handed  a high seed from the comfort of a Best Buy w/ numerous TV screens.

45 minutes ago, bgtholt88 said:

Ah sorry, didn't see the article, trying to work and discuss the Billikens can be a difficult task! Pretty crazy story, though.

No worries. I was probably a bit harsh anyway. The response was just too easy.

19 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Bills do seem to have problems w/ busses though. After we won the A10 in 12-13 didn't the team bus get stuck in NJ and have to watch selection Sunday from a Best Buy? Can't remember exactly what the problem was, ie a break down, traffic jam, but thought it was kind of humorous they were handed  a high seed from the comfort of a Best Buy w/ numerous TV screens.

That was definitely funny, but I don't  know if that was due to a bus/traffic issue or just a time crunch. I remember being in a plane during the game and following the game on the weak wifi they had. Game ended right around when we landed, and selection show started not too long after I got home. Between cutting down the nets, press conference, and whatnot, it may have been a case of too much to do in too little time.

It was a traffic issue.  They weren't going to get to Newark in time to catch it at a sports bar so they saw a Best Buy and ducked in there.  Believe it was in Seacaucus, NJ. 

We now have a newly-formed "Olean Triangle", much less renown than its Bermuda brother to the south.  It is bounded by the Olean point on the east; Bradford, Pa., on the south (only available local airport?); and Randolph, NY on the west (place where Loopy Linda was apprehended).  It is bad enough to drive that part of the world this time of year on Interstate 86.  The side and state roads are even less predictable.  Without a charter, I guess the closest available commercial airport is either Buffalo (74 miles) or Rochester (110).

Driving on any highway in the far north west corner of NY State in the winter time is definitely white knuckle time. Now I'm sure from time to time a few of us have taken the risk of not passing a DUI test, but to be driving a massive vehicle with your trusty box of wine jammed into your drink holder, being 5 sheets to the wind, on icy slick roads is akin to challenging the Grim Reaper to a duel you know you cannot win. Thank God she didn't kill anyone.

2 hours ago, slu72 said:

I think we should all be grateful she didn't stick around w/ her box of wine being 5 times over the legal limit to drive the Bills to PA. Can't imagine a much worse road trip than a huge bus barreling down a snowy highway w/ a higher than a kite 56 year old bus driver. This story could have turned out sooo much worse than a 2-3 hour delay. Olean once again proves to be a major headache for SLU. Wish those guys would move to the Patriot Conference.  

+1 Scary to think someone would take that risk with anyone let alone a bus full of young people with their whole life ahead of them.  At least her driving for someone is over before she could hurt anyone.