St. B over the Bills by 16

The Wiz

..................................SLU......................................St. B

Overall grade..............D-..........................................B

Offense

PPG.............................F-.........................................B+

Slash..........................F-./ D+/ D-.............................C+/ B   A+ ...12th in the nation

O Reb.........................D-............................................C+

Defense

PPG.............................B-..............................................D+

Slash.........................C-/D+........................................C/ D-

Def Reb......................D+...............................................B+

TOs.............................C-...............................................C+

Opp TOs......................F+...............................................B+

A nice win over NCAT...while not unexpected (notice our grade didn't budge)  our numbers overall were still good.

On the report card..... up grades...3pt shooting, TO's, PPG and Def Reb....Down grades....3 pt def

Now back to reality....Can the "new"  Bills show something different than a few weeks ago when the Bonnies beat us soundly.

There are some chinks in the Bonnie armor.. They like to play offense....defense not so much. There key guys are Adams...leads in ppg, assts and steals (24th in nation) and Gregg... FG%, Reb and Blks. Their other scorer is Mobley.

So here is what we need to do to win

Avoid fouling them...we lose any FT battles, ....Bonnie Def is only slightly better than NCAT...we need to shoot like we did against NCAT....Again the question...If the other team leaves us alone can we shoot 3's?  The answer against NCAT was yes.  If the answer is yes again , we have a chance.  Of course we have to continue the trend of taking care of the ball...11 TOs plus a positive  TO differential ...at least 3.....Score 66 pts

Bottomline....A win in this game would be an upset...However if we can put up the same numbers as the last game we have a chance.

A Bills Board tip....if you are reading this on a cell phone and the report card is messed up ....try turning your phone on its side

9 minutes ago, brownindians said:

It is their fault that they stormed against an unranked team though, which made the loss so so deserved

1 hour ago, brownindians said:

I read it and thank you for sharing, the technical was valid the officials made some mistakes in the situation.

Under no circumstances other than being invited the fans should never rush the court.

It is a shame that SBU did not get that hard fought win against VCU it would have been big for them.

46 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

Should the Billikens upset the Bonnies and then win at home against Duquesne, should we start getting excited for THIS season? Because I've been hoping for a while but I don't know what we can do with a 6-7 man roster of 2 stars + a walk-on

Hmmm....here is what you should do....Get a deck of cards...shuffle them...deal out 5 cards ...if you get  3 of a kind  ...start getting excited because that is the same chance that the Bills have of winning the next 2 games..

7 hours ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

Should the Billikens upset the Bonnies and then win at home against Duquesne, should we start getting excited for THIS season? Because I've been hoping for a while but I don't know what we can do with a 6-7 man roster of 2 stars + a walk-on

That depends on what you mean about excited.... Excited about the possibility of making any sort of post season this year? No.

Excited that Ford has a largely mediocre group performing well, which gives credence to his game coaching ability, in addition to the possibility that a few players in this group might actually be decent contributors next year? Sure, you could be excited about that. 

Box and Won - thank you so much for posting the RickMa video. I have been in a three day manic depression but, after watching the video it snapped me out of it Yeppie !!!

The weather is turning bad - good possibility your team will be spending another night in the Big " O ". That's not so bad, They are getting plenty of food ( Mu Shu muskrat and the roasted raccoon is just yummy ) and the new wigwam is toastie warm.

See you Billikens in Pittsburgh 

Brownie:  here's the Post-Dispatch version:

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/slu-faces-bonnies-team-coming-off-crazy-loss/article_ff0b9f03-c3b8-5ae6-8c59-15dc7d0ab4b6.html

The interesting thing to me is the line "The whole thing unraveled quickly and the sequence of events is murky."  I guess the bottom line is the refs didn't control the situation then?  I can go with that.  But the security guard walking away with the basketball is also to blame.  And I would assume the security guard, even if only a rent-a-cop is hired by the university, the university is culpable as well. 

A rob job reminiscent of last year's NCAA snub given to the Bonnies.  Also need to blame it on Otterville and nothing else to do on a good Saturday.  Feel for you pal.

1 hour ago, Taj79 said:

Brownie:  here's the Post-Dispatch version:

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/slu-faces-bonnies-team-coming-off-crazy-loss/article_ff0b9f03-c3b8-5ae6-8c59-15dc7d0ab4b6.html

The interesting thing to me is the line "The whole thing unraveled quickly and the sequence of events is murky."  I guess the bottom line is the refs didn't control the situation then?  I can go with that.  But the security guard walking away with the basketball is also to blame.  And I would assume the security guard, even if only a rent-a-cop is hired by the university, the university is culpable as well. 

A rob job reminiscent of last year's NCAA snub given to the Bonnies.  Also need to blame it on Otterville and nothing else to do on a good Saturday.  Feel for you pal.

I'll have to watch at our next game and see if a security guard collects the ball thereafter. That seems like an awfully odd role for him. 

-just turning on the SLU/StB game and they go through the end of the StB/VCU game, first time I see the replay, the Bonnie bench empties as the shot is made so to me they get some blame too for the debacle

-interesting that tv shows the fan running into the official and the security guard taking the ball but says nothing about the tv camerman in the lane at the bottom of the circle

On 2/5/2017 at 11:51 AM, The Wiz said:

..................................SLU......................................St. B

Overall grade..............D-..........................................B

Offense

PPG.............................F-.........................................B+

Slash..........................F-./ D+/ D-.............................C+/ B   A+ ...12th in the nation

O Reb.........................D-............................................C+

Defense

PPG.............................B-..............................................D+

Slash.........................C-/D+........................................C/ D-

Def Reb......................D+...............................................B+

TOs.............................C-...............................................C+

Opp TOs......................F+...............................................B+

A nice win over NCAT...while not unexpected (notice our grade didn't budge)  our numbers overall were still good.

On the report card..... up grades...3pt shooting, TO's, PPG and Def Reb....Down grades....3 pt def

Now back to reality....Can the "new"  Bills show something different than a few weeks ago when the Bonnies beat us soundly.

There are some chinks in the Bonnie armor.. They like to play offense....defense not so much. There key guys are Adams...leads in ppg, assts and steals (24th in nation) and Gregg... FG%, Reb and Blks. Their other scorer is Mobley.

So here is what we need to do to win

Avoid fouling them...we lose any FT battles, ....Bonnie Def is only slightly better than NCAT...we need to shoot like we did against NCAT....Again the question...If the other team leaves us alone can we shoot 3's?  The answer against NCAT was yes.  If the answer is yes again , we have a chance.  Of course we have to continue the trend of taking care of the ball...11 TOs plus a positive  TO differential ...at least 3.....Score 66 pts

Bottomline....A win in this game would be an upset...However if we can put up the same numbers as the last game we have a chance.

A Bills Board tip....if you are reading this on a cell phone and the report card is messed up ....try turning your phone on its side

Nice effort ...We played them even for about 34 min and then it was over.

As for the above post ..."Here is what we need to do to win "....we didn't  and we didn't.

The funny thing is we didn't even need to have a great game ...an average game would have won it for us.

Here is what the 2nd half looked like....St B....58/ 67/ 57...The Bills...37/ 8 /29...The irony is that St. B is one of the best FT shooting teams in the country and they had a terrible night . Unfortunately we didn't take advantage.

Here is what we needed to do to win....

3 more 3s= 34%= 9pts.....

-2 TO differential...2 less TOs = 11 = 11 St.B TOs=4pts

3 more FTs = 71% = 3pts

9pts + 4pts + 3pts = 16pts = win...slashline would have looked like...46/34/71...average slashline

Bottomline ...had we played an average game we would have won.