GDT why are we playing these guys?

CBFan

7 hours ago, The Wiz said:

A   B team ( Bonnies) beating an A- team ( VCU) is not an upset. I had VCU by 2...again, hardly an upset.  Now if the Bills beat the Bonnies  on Wed ....that will be an upset

My first reaction to the whole story was that we would have had just as good a reason to storm the court after the buzzer beater against GM.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

I don't understand why some of you guys don't want Hines back next season. Until midpoint, well only have 2 PGs (Bishop and Hines, and maybe Roby unless we recruit another), and if one of them gets hurt, then Hines is a player who knows Fords system, and has the experience. It only makes sense to keep him.

Goodwin can also play a PG/point forward type role. And has anybody said they wouldn't want to see Hines back if he chooses to walk on again? The issues are that he's finishing his fourth year in college this semester and we have bigger fish to fry with our scholarship slots. If he wants to walk on for another year, great, but I certainly hope he doesn't need to start or play anything other than a 9th or 10th man role next year.

I think Hines would be best served by graduating from SLU and transferring to another university's grad school that would offer him a basketball scholarship. He would be able to play and save money on whatever eligibility number of years he has left. From SLUs point of view it would be nice if he stayed at SLU and continued playing as a walk on. There are two conflicting sets of issues here. Hines and his family have to decide which way to go. Another factor that should be taken into consideration is that Hines is not likely to ever play professionally at the NBA, and will need a good quality academic degree to help him getting a good job once he is out. I admire Hines for his determination and stamina, but he should do what is best for his future and his family.

wayyyyyyyyyyy too much talk about Hines..... who cares.... he will never step on the floor for the billikens ever again.... maybe he can sit on the bench, but who cares. this is not some jim crews ymca rec league team anymore

I am not sure where Hoosier Pal gets that all my posts are negative but he is entitled to his own opinion no matter how ill informed they are.  I never said Hines could not be on the team - seems odd to me that he want to spend that kind of money to be a walk on but that is  his decision.  I also said if Ford can not recruit someone better than go ahead give Hines the schollie for one year.  I agree with DesmetBilliken, we need to replace anybody on this roster with upgrades as soon as possible.  DesmetBilliken post is basically what I said so I am not sure where some are having confusion.

24 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

I am not sure where Hoosier Pal gets that all my posts are negative but he is entitled to his own opinion no matter how ill informed they are.

Is he (or anyone)???

Actually:  Not so much, as it turns out.  One of the ideas making the rounds currently, in higher ed, is a provocative article by a philosophy professor telling freshmen they are NOT "entitled to their opinions," in most cases -- if the cliche is simply a dodge for a very bad opinion.  Morally and intellectually speaking, one is NOT entitled to very poor "opinions" that are simply wrong, poorly reasoned, or based on "alternate fact" and such BS.  ps: students and even many adults (including our Vice President yesterday on Meet the Press) use that silly statement all the time (Pres. Trump is "entitled to his opinion.")

https://qz.com/852709/a-philosophy-professor-explains-why-youre-not-entitled-to-your-opinion/

3 hours ago, DoctorB said:

Is he (or anyone)???

Actually:  Not so much, as it turns out.  One of the ideas making the rounds currently, in higher ed, is a provocative article by a philosophy professor telling freshmen they are NOT "entitled to their opinions," in most cases -- if the cliche is simply a dodge for a very bad opinion.  Morally and intellectually speaking, one is NOT entitled to very poor "opinions" that are simply wrong, poorly reasoned, or based on "alternate fact" and such BS.  ps: students and even many adults (including our Vice President yesterday on Meet the Press) use that silly statement all the time (Pres. Trump is "entitled to his opinion.")

https://qz.com/852709/a-philosophy-professor-explains-why-youre-not-entitled-to-your-opinion/

I am not sure where Hoosier Pal gets that all my posts are negative but he is entitled to his own opinion no matter how ill informed they are.  I never said Hines could not be on the team - seems odd to me that he want to spend that kind of money to be a walk on but that is  his decision.  I also said if Ford can not recruit someone better than go ahead give Hines the schollie for one year.  I agree with DesmetBilliken, we need to replace anybody on this roster with upgrades as soon as possible.  DesmetBilliken post is basically what I said so I am not sure where some are having confusion.

Response to Dr. B -- interesting - thanks for sharing.

4 hours ago, cheeseman said:

All Crews apologists desperately reach for anything that may have been a possible non-failure by Crewsplatt. Crews apologists often treat bottom of the barrel #350 opponents as though we just beat Duke.

Crews apologists defy reason in order to defend their boy Jimmy Crews.

On 02/05/2017 at 9:52 AM, CBFan said:

You think or are you sure it was the players not the fans?

Fans players who cares time on the clock on the court when your not supposed to be on the court.

I agree Schmidt and his joke of a staff and players, normally they put their arms out to keep over zealous players from making that mistake.

Every college coach should show this to their players and fans, don't do this.

I think its far worse when players and coaches rush the court. They should know better.

We rushed the court when we beat #2 Louisville, but the game was OVER.

There should be criteria to that technical. I think Bonawelding met every criteria. Schmidt is a joke.

1 hour ago, Soderball said:

I think its far worse when players and coaches rush the court. They should know better.

We rushed the court when we beat #2 Louisville, but the game was OVER.

There should be criteria to that technical. I think Bonawelding met every criteria. Schmidt is a joke.

Read the Richmond Times-P article I posted earlier.  The officials are being reprimanded by the A10 for mishandling the situation.

26 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Read the Richmond Times-P article I posted earlier.  The officials are being reprimanded by the A10 for mishandling the situation.

That is some selective reading. the article states that the A10 said it was the right call.

1 hour ago, Soderball said:

All Crews apologists desperately reach for anything that may have been a possible non-failure by Crewsplatt. Crews apologists often treat bottom of the barrel #350 opponents as though we just beat Duke.

Crews apologists defy reason in order to defend their boy Jimmy Crews.

around here and I check in constantly, Crews apologists are as common as terrorist from the countries comprising The Septagon of Evil, or voter fraud. You've been listening to too much Bernie M and his constant straw dog demons.

3 hours ago, Soderball said:

That is some selective reading. the article states that the A10 said it was the right call.

The T was mainly because the security guard grabbed the ball, not for the fans - who didn't come out until the clock was zero and the red light on.  The A-10 put a gag order on Schmidt and Wade today concerning the hose job.  The A-10 is in big time damage control.

The most significant was an individual taking the game ball from the inbounding baseline (assuming time had expired) and walking down the sideline, causing the VCU player to look for the ball, and chase the individual to secure the ball for inbound. Simultaneously, one of the game officials collided with a fan on the court, prior to the inbound toss. It was after these violations that the clock expired, and the students and fans stormed the court with :00 on the clock.

I saw the small clip of what happened but I am not sure what the refs were suppose to do?  Were they suppose to simply just reset the clock and get everybody off the court and then have the two teams take it from there?  I thought the NCAA was trying to crack down on the court rushing stuff for safety reasons for the coaches and players.  Can someone clarify for me?

11 hours ago, DoctorB said:

Is he (or anyone)???

Doctor B, I am going to quote Claire McCaskill from a meeting I attended some time ago. She said that the proliferation of news and so called news outlets in the internet means that: "... people do not listen to the news any longer for information, they listen for affirmation..." In other words, you believe whatever you wish to believe and then find some source somewhere that looks at things the way you believe they are. No one can deny there is an avalanche of information in all shades and colors of the spectrum, people find out where their beliefs fit and then tune into that. We live in a very fragmented society.