GDT Patriot Games

CBFan

2 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Who didn't cringe when he fouled out.  The man is a keeper, and he is a walk on.  Absolutely no decision here, we NEED him back next year.

If Hines wants walk on again that's fine but he has been replaced and then some. After Christmas next season, he is a bench warmer. Please stop accepting mediocrity 

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Glorydays2013 said:

I had my eye on Goodwin who seemed to be bored, but ultimately got really into it in 2OT. Is there a reason Zeke Moore didn't play?

TFord in the presser stated ZM practiced only 20 minutes yesterday. Would not of been fair to put him in, will play Saturday 

14 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Amazing stuff! just came back from the game. Wow! I do not know if anyone noticed Crawford took some time out to get his leg taped. His Hamstring is acting up, and he played through this game and basically won it. Double overtime! Wow!

they said something about blood when that was happening on TV

Hines is a walk on, obviously he will be back. wont bs asked to play constantly. will get a few minutes, particularly early season. will not be a focus. hoosiertroll remains desperate for anything to redeem Jim Crews.

Crawford pulls a miracle out of his hat for COACH FORD.

FIRE JIM CREWS.

HIRE MIKE CRAWFORD.

I was there, not watching the TV, so I did not hear what the talking voices were saying. I just saw the trainer taping his leg.

And Duquesne lost tonight, we are not tied with Duquesne at the bottom of the A10 any longer we are a bit above Duquesne. This may not be much to celebrate, but it is a good thing that we are moving up in A10 rankings, just a little bit.

3 hours ago, bonwich said:

Sorry about the perspective, but...

IMG_4009.JPG

The worst part of this was it was supposedly (according to the sign) a "Billiken Gray Out" with a table full of free t-shirts. And a sign that said "for students only". I think you can see how many t-shirts were actually given out. I guess they can save them for next year. ( I guess my question is, did the students even know about this, or did they even care?)

But at least we had a surprising come from ahead, come from tied, come from behind win.

-well that was fun, as Earl said, must not give it back on Saturday, Coach almost made it sound like he regretted scheduling NCA&T when the conf gave us a week off, I get it was Mason but our kids are not quitting, still fighting the fight, nice to see Goodwin behind the bench 

Coach Ford has shown he can motivate a team and the way the team plays now is proof.

Coach Ford has also proven that he can coach and is not just a recruiter.

I am so happy that the seniors had a great night and were a big part of the win and will be a good memory of their senior season.

So exciting to win at the buzzer with the senior who took the shot and made it.

10 hours ago, AGB91 said:

I hope the people who left early enjoyed their ride home listening on the radio.

All I can think about are the guys slamming on the brakes listening to Kirk Gibson crush Eckersley in '88. Dodger fans: come late, leave early.

brake_lights_kirk_gibson_-_Google_Search_-_2017-02-02_08.17.38.png

11 hours ago, AGB91 said:

I hope the people who left early enjoyed their ride home listening on the radio.

There weren't all that many people there to start with.  The announced crowd was tied for the fourth smallest regular season game, in what, our ninth year at Chaifetz.

What a fun game to attend. Despite the record, I am really starting to enjoy watching this team. Before the season started, I knew it was going to be a struggle and that we weren't going to win many games, but the effort and desire has noticeably increased (for the most part) since the Davidson game. We are essentially playing with 6-7 guys, which includes a walk-on starting PG! It is absolutely incredible that we are even able to compete. Love the grit. Love the attitude. Love the scrappyness. We might as well be the Saint Louis Gym Rats for the rest of the season. 

At the beginning of the season TF said this season was not going to be about Ws and Ls. He just wanted the team to play hard, be competitive.  Once we started not thinking but just reacting to the flow of the game, things improved.  Anyone watching would have to say they are playing hard, work for each other and care alot.  

I hope the transfers on the bench and JG behind the bench feel that energy and get on board with it.

mhg

2 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Watched the entire game and many this year.....who says Coach Ford can't coach?  Been impressed what he is doing with a walk-on, some frosh, and a few upper classmen.........and zero bench.  Impressive the past half dozen games.

Great evaluation here, WVB. Amazing how the guy has done so much with so less. Like pulling an Armani suit out of a thrift store rack.