GM seating

zman

I have a neighbor that is going to his first Billiken game, because his cousin plays on GM.  I asked if he is sitting behind the GM bench, and how he got the tickets.  He said his daughter got comp tix from a SLU player.  Is there a legitimate way he could get in a GM section, or behind the bench?

I don't know that answer to your questions, but as a SLU fan that has gone a road trip with a bunch of guys every year for the past five years to watch a road Billiken game, I can tell you that SLU is much more accommodating to opposing team's fans than other schools are to SLU fans.  Seems like we always set the other team's fans up right behind their bench.  I've inquired about the same thing for myself and the guys that go on my trip and get no where.

The other possibility is through a GM player or coach. Everyone on the team gets a designated number (2, usually) of road tickets for friends and family. They get picked up at player will call at the arena. Home players and coaches usually get 4 apiece. Anyway, home player tickets are usually behind the home bench, and road team tickets behind their bench. So if he got SLU player tickets, he was able to swap over to the other side somehow. It's certainly possible if he got in touch with the right people.