Open Practice - Feb.3

SShoe

Billikens to Hold Open Practice Feb. 3

The Saint Louis men's basketball program will hold an open practice at Chaifetz Arena on Friday, Feb. 3, from 4-6 p.m.

The practice is free to attend. Complimentary parking is available in the Fred Weber VIP Lot.

The open practice will give fans a chance to see the full team in action, including transfers Javon Bess, D.J. Foreman, Ty Graves and Adonys Henriquez.

25 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Well, I guess the bad news that we all can accept is that after a 2 OT game and a game Saturday, Coach won't put the team through much of a practice on Friday.  He said that Thursday will be 'mental', meaning mostly video study. 

Why is this bad news?  The team at this point of the season should be able to execute as well as they can after one day of practice.

24 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Why is this bad news?  The team at this point of the season should be able to execute as well as they can after one day of practice.

If you are looking for a 'real practice' it ain't going to happen. Read my post....we can all accept this.  Not a big deal.  Ford said on this radio show that he tries to put in new plays for every opponent.  I'll enjoy whatever is happening, but I won't be disappointed if it's just a shoot around.

25 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

If you are looking for a 'real practice' it ain't going to happen. Read my post....we can all accept this.  Not a big deal.  Ford said on this radio show that he tries to put in new plays for every opponent.  I'll enjoy whatever is happening, but I won't be disappointed if it's just a shoot around.

Won't the transfers be practicing? Seems like a chance to see them do something besides sit on the bench.

2 minutes ago, White Pelican said:

Won't the transfers be practicing? Seems like a chance to see them do something besides sit on the bench.

Yep.  the whole reason I want to go... ive seen enough of the current team. 

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

Coach won't put the team through much of a practice on Friday. 

HoosierPal; all due respect, but I think you might change your mind on Friday.  You do not do what these guys did last night, without very hard-nosed practices.  I've witnessed Coach Ford's practices on many occasions and believe me, they will work them out good on Friday!  They will also be jazzed with all the visitors...  I hope a lot of guys on here show up!!

ps: helluva game last night, toughness, grit, and passion on full display.  That game was (I hope) testimony enough about the way this team does practice!

25 minutes ago, DoctorB said:

HoosierPal; all due respect, but I think you might change your mind on Friday.  You do not do what these guys did last night, without very hard-nosed practices.  I've witnessed Coach Ford's practices on many occasions and believe me, they will work them out good on Friday!  They will also be jazzed with all the visitors...  I hope a lot of guys on here show up!!

ps: helluva game last night, toughness, grit, and passion on full display.  That game was (I hope) testimony enough about the way this team does practice!

I'll look for you Friday.  Reunion time. We can talk Indy High School hoops.

11 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Just to clarify, will this be played on the practice courts or on the Main court?

My guess is the practice courts.  That is where they held them last year (before the Puerto Rico (?) trip).

If enough fans show up that the practice courts can't hold them, that is a good problem.