Ford's strategic acumen

What the hell...

We've been playing most of the year with 8 scholarship players...6 if you discount Neufeld and Gillmann. And 5 last night without Zeke. I don't really think any conclusions can be drawn given the incomplete roster. But we've seen some decent basketball recently (2nd halves against Davidson and St. Bona and good games against Mason and UMass), and some individual player improvement...so we have that going for us. 

t91hPGPRmRNuoy_pGUP98N5ct7rFhQ7mHpNvPfmCxp0.png?w=1024&s=b8abdbd45c75bd81d3bf8aedca1871eb

Ford leaving OSU and going to SLU couldn't have been better for us. Ford's OSU had some bad luck but could have exceeded in the A10. Its been talked about before but the B12 is just insanely good and unpredictable. With the constant improvement with the team this year win or not we have seen a great improvement in our players. Already Ford has set 2 scoring records this year with points scored and shots made in a row to start a game. Ford at the helm of SLU in my opinion can bring a great deal of certainty to games, and we will once again be the team the entire A10 hopes to have an upset against

On 1/30/2017 at 6:14 PM, Glorydays2013 said:

t91hPGPRmRNuoy_pGUP98N5ct7rFhQ7mHpNvPfmCxp0.png?w=1024&s=b8abdbd45c75bd81d3bf8aedca1871eb

Already Ford has set 2 scoring records this year with points scored and shots made in a row to start a game.

Is Ford playing on a Rec team or something?  I wasn't aware he was suiting up for games.  What jersey number is Ford?  I'll be sure to watch for him tonight.

1 minute ago, HoosierPal said:

Is Ford playing on a Rec team or something?  I wasn't aware he was suiting up for games.  What jersey number is Ford?  I'll be sure to watch for him tonight.

As a leader of a team or anything, any action done by your team is reflected directly to you whether or not it is your doing. Therefore if Ford's team does something, he himself did since he is in charge. Goes the other way as well

2 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

As a leader of a team or anything, any action done by your team is reflected directly to you whether or not it is your doing. Therefore if Ford's team does something, he himself did since he is in charge. Goes the other way as well

So FORD, not the team, had 9 turnovers at GW and 17 against UMass.  Hmmm.  Wonder if he knows that.  So we don't need better players, we need a better coach, one who doesn't turn over the ball as much.

3 hours ago, Glorydays2013 said:

I think you're looking for something to be mad about, and you're being an ass if you think I meant Ford set those records. Maybe you're an ass AND unintelligent 

Someone steal your lunch money at school today?  Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for you.

Ford is proving that he is indeed a coach who can handle the "Xs and Os" which was his biggest criticism. He has outcoached many of his opposite numbers and the fact this team is winning games at all with the talent level out there is quite amazing.  Look at mizzou, with vastly more talent in an SEC that really is not much better than the A10. Ford would coach circles around Anderson.

I have talked to coaches who have seen Ford's practices and they have told me that he runs more sets then most other coaches.  Their point is that he has a lot plays and strategy.  His problem here is that he can not get to the point to start to do what he wants here.

I might also disagree about Missouri's talent level - it really is not that good.  

Also, the coaches Ford has been beating in this little stretch are not top tier so lets keep a perspective.

53 minutes ago, almaman said:

playing with just 6 is such a mindblower but smaller rotation is what we were all concerned with during the dark last 2 years, and this may be part of the reason we are starting to click. The decrease in TOs last little stretch is amazing  

This is what is most noticeable to me too. The sudden drop in turnovers. We still can't seem to shoot worth a damn and hardly anyone can make the first of a one-and-one but lately we're taking care of the ball and at least getting the chance to shoot (and mostly miss) on most possessions. Finally something to at least give some hope.