where's the light switch? Dayton GDT

almaman

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, almaman said:

u hear announcer say only 2 teams have lower scoring in the Mighty351and that NC AT&T so that should be interesting 50/50. and VCU game should be off charts they're up 61-29 on LaSalle

N.C. A&T, the Agricultural and Technical State University of NC, hence N.C. A&T.

Bishop has played the max number of games he can play to be eligible for a medical redshirt, aka, medical hardship waiver, so I'm thinking he won't see any more action this year. What would be the point?

Just now, billikenbill said:

N.C. A&T, the Agricultural and Technical State University of NC, hence N.C. A&T.

Bishop has played the max number of games he can play to be eligible for a medical redshirt, aka, medical hardship waiver, so I'm thinking he won't see any more action this year. What would be the point?

Can't disagree. Although, if we get any more players hurt, he may have to play.

3 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Neufeld makes a FT... and makes another one! First time making two at the same time!! 4-0 run Neufeld!!!

Is this a career high for Neufeld?

We lost as we knew we would. Zeke was out with an ankle sprain, Bishop is qualified for a RS and Reggie was sick with something or the other. That means both Gillmann and Neufeld got playing time and so did (briefly) Psimitris. We were going to lose and needed warm bodies to play and got them. No damage done, lost by less than the spread. Nothing unexpected and counting the people that were out this game perhaps even a bit of improvement. Go Bills!

57 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Reggie was sick today. Coach wasn't sure he could play, but he did. 

Coach said team was beat up and tired.  He said they would have to take things easier this week in hopes of recovering.

If only Crews was still here. He could have used the bobby knight school of healing.

honestly, this team is just terrible. I'll be there Wednesday night. I quit watching road games awhile ago.

Reggie has had a distinct lack of skills from the beginning. He is tough and plays his heart out.

He has not been the problem whatsoever. The lack of any kind of grit and skill and strength from the guards has been painful. Watching Goodwin and French drive the lane is going to change EVERYTHING for this team.

Pistol --- were you identifiable?  Wearing Billiken blue?  If so, what were the sympathies expressed (if any) by the sweater-vest faithful?  Did you go to a reception?  Was may there?  Ask him anything important?  Get any insight?

10 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Pistol --- were you identifiable?  Wearing Billiken blue?  If so, what were the sympathies expressed (if any) by the sweater-vest faithful?  Did you go to a reception?  Was may there?  Ask him anything important?  Get any insight?

Yes and yes to the first two questions.

I had a few good conversations with UD fans, including two guys walking from the parking lot to the arena with us, and the woman sitting next to me. Everyone was friendly and sympathetic except one guy who yelled from his window as he drove by. They're well aware that this is a lost season for us and that we're back to being competitive next season. They seem concerned about their situation next season, losing several key seniors.

I did not attend a reception. I drove up from Cincy with my brother-in-law and we hit a brewery just across the river from UD Arena (it's called Carillon Brewing Co. and it's in a historic park so it has to operate like a museum, replicating the 1850s as closely as possible. Cool place and fun experience if you're ever visiting and want a good meal near the arena).

So I didn't see May or any other SLU people I recognized. There were a few scattered SLU fans in the general vicinity of my seats (three rows from the top in 410), but no large contingent. We had some alums/parents/fans in the first two rows behind the bench, but even that section was smaller than usual.

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Yes and yes to the first two questions.

I had a few good conversations with UD fans, including two guys walking from the parking lot to the arena with us, and the woman sitting next to me. Everyone was friendly and sympathetic except one guy who yelled from his window as he drove by. They're well aware that this is a lost season for us and that we're back to being competitive next season. They seem concerned about their situation next season, losing several key seniors.

I did not attend a reception. I drove up from Cincy with my brother-in-law and we hit a brewery just across the river from UD Arena (it's called Carillon Brewing Co. and it's in a historic park so it has to operate like a museum, replicating the 1850s as closely as possible. Cool place and fun experience if you're ever visiting and want a good meal near the arena).

So I didn't see May or any other SLU people I recognized. There were a few scattered SLU fans in the general vicinity of my seats (three rows from the top in 410), but no large contingent. We had some alums/parents/fans in the first two rows behind the bench, but even that section was smaller than usual.

That is very striking when looking at their roster. They could be in for a big drop after this season. SLU should be poised to be better than Dayton next year. Following this season would seem to be an ideal time for Archie to move on.