Incoming recruits - updates (2017)

bauman

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Putnam Science Academy is an excellent basketball team, too. Isaac Kante has a SLU offer, and there are plenty of other D-I kids: Malik Ondigo, Hamidou Diallo (Kentucky), Eric Ayala, and a few more. So French is getting it done against strong competition.

FYI, French plays an hour away from me in a few weeks.  I am pretty sure I will be going.  I can report back.   I do not think this long article about French's team got posted to this board but it does give a lot of perspective about the team (and you learn a few things about French as well--he has a history of knee trouble).

http://highschoolsports.masslive.com/news/article/-5180952510017271059/how-commonwealth-academy-boys-basketballs-first-graduating-class-became-a-national-powerhouse/

14 hours ago, Cowboy said:

-it took triple ot to get these numbers? very much anticipate his wearing our uniform!! very much

I'd love to see the cheers Putnam Science student section does. Its formula for success is pretty simple, really.

The old Fightin' Clarence Darrow's...

11 minutes ago, kwyjibo said:

Great read.  HF is going to be a perfect fit for this team looking to rebound from a down cycle and reestablish a winning culture.

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Putnam Science Academy is an excellent basketball team, too. Isaac Kante has a SLU offer, and there are plenty of other D-I kids: Malik Ondigo, Hamidou Diallo (Kentucky), Eric Ayala, and a few more. So French is getting it done against strong competition.

Man, I remember when he was shot up by the NYPD maybe 20 years ago.

1 hour ago, kwyjibo said:

FYI, French plays an hour away from me in a few weeks.  I am pretty sure I will be going.  I can report back.   I do not think this long article about French's team got posted to this board but it does give a lot of perspective about the team (and you learn a few things about French as well--he has a history of knee trouble).

http://highschoolsports.masslive.com/news/article/-5180952510017271059/how-commonwealth-academy-boys-basketballs-first-graduating-class-became-a-national-powerhouse/

Not sure the article suggested an issue with his knees, just that he didn't want to play football because of the damage to your knees. 

34 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Read the PD article that mentioned Goodwin's shoulder surgery but it did not mention what exactly is being done or recovery time.........anyone have more details?

Go to the Topic List and scroll down to Goodwin.  Old Guy gave us some of his expertise in that thread yesterday.

Hypothesis: Hasahn French is a werewolf.

Exhibit A: “I’m happy now,” French said. “You see the injuries in the NFL, concussions, crazy stuff like that. Basketball is a great sport. You get to show who you are through basketball. I don’t like the mask in football. I like people to see my face, to see what I can do.

Exhibit B: “He told me he knows the facility isn’t the best, he knows there’s no girls here, or any of that like other schools, but he said that I’ll be the most prepared for college,” French said. “I’ll be able to do the things I need to do. … Basically everything he was saying, it came true.” French committed to Saint Louis in November. At 6-foot-7, with a powerfully built frame and a wealth of intangibles, he would have attracted the attention of Division I schools wherever he went. At SCA, however, he joined several like-minded young stars — gritty, high-IQ players who bought in to Bergeron’s hard-nosed style of play. The fit for French, whose ESPN recruiting profile describes him as an “absolute warrior in every sense of the word,” was perfect.

Exhibit C: “Sometimes it’s weird, because I go to other schools and see how their stadiums look, and sometimes that helps me play,” French said. “It gets me angry that I don’t have that. I want to kill them in front of their crowd.”

Conclusion: Hasahn French is a werewolf.

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Hypothesis: Hasahn French is a werewolf.

Exhibit A: “I’m happy now,” French said. “You see the injuries in the NFL, concussions, crazy stuff like that. Basketball is a great sport. You get to show who you are through basketball. I don’t like the mask in football. I like people to see my face, to see what I can do.

Exhibit B: “He told me he knows the facility isn’t the best, he knows there’s no girls here, or any of that like other schools, but he said that I’ll be the most prepared for college,” French said. “I’ll be able to do the things I need to do. … Basically everything he was saying, it came true.” French committed to Saint Louis in November. At 6-foot-7, with a powerfully built frame and a wealth of intangibles, he would have attracted the attention of Division I schools wherever he went. At SCA, however, he joined several like-minded young stars — gritty, high-IQ players who bought in to Bergeron’s hard-nosed style of play. The fit for French, whose ESPN recruiting profile describes him as an “absolute warrior in every sense of the word,” was perfect.

Exhibit C: “Sometimes it’s weird, because I go to other schools and see how their stadiums look, and sometimes that helps me play,” French said. “It gets me angry that I don’t have that. I want to kill them in front of their crowd.”

Conclusion: Hasahn French is a werewolf.

And he's also the Zodiac