So no Gillman or Neufeld last night

BLIKNS

2 hours ago, Soderball said:

Ford's #1 goal is to win, make money, and land the kentucky job.

well okay, top three goals.

those are not mutually exclusive with giving his players their best shot in life, or with being an exceptional person in character and integrity.

To meet those goals it is imperative he builds a successful program during his time here.

The roster has to be purged because two more years of... this.. is beyond unacceptable.

Ford is making the right choices. I have full confidence that the Crews apologists will continue to howl, and the rest of us will enjoy wins.

Don't actually believe "coachspeak"

obviously any coach wants to do that, but wins are far more important.

As a recovering apologist, I must confess this is all true.  Coachspeak is propaganda for a fan's soul. 

Ford will have to win big at SLU to remotely be considered for the Kentucky job.  I'm ok with this.  It's a win win situation....even though we will then have to endure comments like "what about the kids," "he promised to stay," "he's a traitor," "he's selfish," "I can't believe he did this to us," etc. 

Let's not romanticize coaches as some pure-as-the-wind-driven-snow types of people, especially when they do a really good job at winning a lot of basketball games.  Power corrupts...absolute power corrupts absolutely.   

Ford has done a great job so far.  Let's not kid ourselves.  We could be in a lot worse shape coming into next year. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, HoosierBilliken said:

As a recovering apologist, I must confess this is all true.  Coachspeak is propaganda for a fan's soul. 

Ford will have to win big at SLU to remotely be considered for the Kentucky job.  I'm ok with this.  It's a win win situation....even though we will then have to endure comments like "what about the kids," "he promised to stay," "he's a traitor," "he's selfish," "I can't believe he did this to us," etc. 

Let's not romanticize coaches as some pure-as-the-wind-driven-snow types of people, especially when they do a really good job at winning a lot of basketball games.  Power corrupts...absolute power corrupts absolutely.   

Ford has done a great job so far.  Let's not kid ourselves.  We could be in a lot worse shape coming into next year. 

when we talk about running off players, we have to remember that this is not throwing them to sharks or marooning them. these kids will go on to complete a degree and be successful somewhere. these are bright, motivated, driven young men.

Jolly is hard at work finishing his degree right now. Brett Thompson went to Lindenwood, Rammer's school. Even after being "cut" they persevered and remained successful... I don't like it when attacking(justly) a player's court performance that it becomes conflated by Crews apologists, trolls, etc. as being personal attacks on these young men's character. it's really not.

I believe firmly that Ford will be ruthless about winning and being competitive, and at the same time will jump over mountains and change the axis of the earth to help his players graduate and move on to successful lives. I have full confidence Ford will get paid big while doing these things.

Just because Crews couldn't win is no reason to start pretending like winning doesnt matter. winning matters more than anything, but everything else matters, too. Just a little less.

5 hours ago, Soderball said:

Ford's #1 goal is to win, make money, and land the kentucky job.

well okay, top three goals.

those are not mutually exclusive with giving his players their best shot in life, or with being an exceptional person in character and integrity.

To meet those goals it is imperative he builds a successful program during his time here.

The roster has to be purged because two more years of... this.. is beyond unacceptable.

Ford is making the right choices. I have full confidence that the Crews apologists will continue to howl, and the rest of us will enjoy wins.

Don't actually believe "coachspeak"

obviously any coach wants to do that, but wins are far more important.

Hmm.  I'm reading as you saying Coach is not speaking the truth.  You had best take that up with the Coach, face to face, during one of your frequent conversations with him.  I'll take Coach on his word.