Different forms of Bilikens

Do you just want an image?  If so just do a google image search.  Since our rebranding a lot of the old logos resurfaced in news reports and are available in image searches.  The only ones not commonly found are the old Ekker Billiken with the straw hat.

49 minutes ago, thetorch said:

Do you just want an image?  If so just do a google image search.  Since our rebranding a lot of the old logos resurfaced in news reports and are available in image searches.  The only ones not commonly found are the old Ekker Billiken with the straw hat.

Speaking of logos..what are they doing with the mascot? I figure they'll roll it out at senior day for field hockey on a Wednesday in May. 

17 hours ago, SluSignGuy said:

Go to the front page of Billikens.com and click refresh (look at the dot in Billikens dot com).

Or just go here:

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/list_by_team/822/Saint_Louis_Billikens/

Thanks, it was the '58-'70 one I was looking for.  It seemed the most common use to me both in high school and later at SLU 75-79.  The later ones all look like the "Grinch Who Stole Christmas!"

20 hours ago, Tanstaafl1969 said:

I graduated from St. Louis University High in 1966...from SLU in 1978 & 1979.  I have seen a lot of Bilikens represented over the years but I cannot find any of those old examples.  Where can I find one, anyone know?

So what kept you busy for those nine years? 

On 1/14/2017 at 11:49 AM, bonwich said:

So what kept you busy for those nine years? 

On 1/14/2017 at 11:57 AM, billikenfan05 said:

'Nam?

That was it.  Tried Mizzou and dropped out in '67, joined USMC and got to visit Vietnam in '69.  After coming back extended for 2 more years for Embassy Security Guard duty and got a year in Moscow in '70, year in Lisbon in '71.  Got interested in heath care, went to SLU got a BA Biology & Chem in '78 and a BS in Nursing in '79.  After working years in ER I joined the US Army Reserve, commissioned 1LT in '92.  Got to see beautiful downtown Bosnia in '97 and Iraq in '03, retired with 20 years in '05.  Now I'm retired from everything!

Interesting thing about Mizzou was that a fellow SLUH grad, Kevin Sweeny, talked me into pledging Theta Kappa Phi, "The Catholic Fraternity".  Kevin's brother was already an active in it.  Was a big mistake.  Worked my ass off to pay room & board & college, parent could not help.  I quit the same day the fraternity blackballed me because I wasn't their kind of party animal.  Tried living in a rented basement room for a couple of months but didn't know what the hell I wanted to do so dropped out.  Figured I join the Marines because if I was going to Vietnam I might as well go with volunteers than with guys who have been dragged kicking and screaming to go.

14 minutes ago, Tanstaafl1969 said:

That was it.  Tried Mizzou and dropped out in '67, joined USMC and got to visit Vietnam in '69.  After coming back extended for 2 more years for Embassy Security Guard duty and got a year in Moscow in '70, year in Lisbon in '71.  Got interested in heath care, went to SLU got a BA Biology & Chem in '78 and a BS in Nursing in '79.  After working years in ER I joined the US Army Reserve, commissioned 1LT in '92.  Got to see beautiful downtown Bosnia in '97 and Iraq in '03, retired with 20 years in '05.  Now I'm retired from everything!

Interesting thing about Mizzou was that a fellow SLUH grad, Kevin Sweeny, talked me into pledging Theta Kappa Phi, "The Catholic Fraternity".  Kevin's brother was already an active in it.  Was a big mistake.  Worked my ass off to pay room & board & college, parent could not help.  I quit the same day the fraternity blackballed me because I wasn't their kind of party animal.  Tried living in a rented basement room for a couple of months but didn't know what the hell I wanted to do so dropped out.  Figured I join the Marines because if I was going to Vietnam I might as well go with volunteers than with guys who have been dragged kicking and screaming to go.

That's quite the journey. Thank you for your service.

16 hours ago, Tanstaafl1969 said:

You were also at SLU the same time as me and Taj and juniorbill 76 and a few board lurkers (and possibly BRoy). One of the editors at the U. News around that time (Steve ____) had followed a similar path into the military and through Viet Nam. I never knew exactly where he was from (although I think I would have picked up the Oakland Avenue connection somewhere along the line), so I wondered if in fact you were he.