Coach's Show

Billboy1

Just now, Soderball said:

Mizzou is not going to play the Billikens. I was at the game at the Dome that made them decide to never play SLU again never ever.

I hope they will, but stating you would rather play Mizzou than play (insert school name) is a moot point. I'd rather have magic shoes that tie themselves. Great.

DePaul would be a good schedule. A game in Chicago would be great for the local alumni base up there, an easy and fun road trip(the science and industry museum is well worth a visit) and be a good exposure game and I think a great television opportunity for ESPN or the like in the often dreary late November and December options. win win win. With DePaul coming to STL a major conference opponent can be put on the floor, and one we should beat. another win. get this home and home set up now!

Loyola(IL) with Porter could be an excellent option too.. we already played IN st and Carbondale.. why not? Porter might even be down for a 2-for-one.

Where did I say I thought Mizzou would play us?  I was responding to a poster that was putting down theoretically playing DePaul over Mizzou.  My personal preference (as a fan) if we had choice would be Mizzou, but I pointed out that it might be better for the program if we played DePaul regularly for multiple reasons.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Where did I say I thought Mizzou would play us?  I was responding to a poster that was putting down theoretically playing DePaul over Mizzou.  My personal preference (as a fan) if we had choice would be Mizzou, but I pointed out that it might be better for the program if we played DePaul regularly for multiple reasons.

See it as a criticism for people who bring up Mizzou to begin with. Talk about a dead horse.

Crawford lead off tonight's Coach Ford Show.  Best comment from Crawford, "I have more dunks this year than Reggie has in his career, and I give him crap about it."  Mike is looking to pass his CPA exam and the Bar exams.  Rammer against for one negative on Ford.  Mike said, every day first thing Coach says to the team is "What's up guys."

Coach - Liked the team driving to the rim v Dayton.  Yeah, they had many blocks but that was what he wanted. Finishing at the rim is a focus he wants this team to get better at.

He said that fatigue was a big factor v Dayton.  Hines legs were gone.  One of the reasons he went zone was to save the legs (and the foul situation).  He is taking it easy this week in practice to try and recover.

He liked the Defense against Dayton.  But the D could only hold on so long waiting until the offense kicked in, which it didn't.  He has put in new plays every game in conference based on the opponent.  He said the game never really got out of hand, but the offense just couldn't deliver.

Nice comments by Ford on Neufeld.  He met with Matt recently and told him he has faith in him and that he wants to get him more minutes.  [He said it really bothers him when he doesn't get guys into the games.]  Coach said Matt has some very good post moves.  He has problems against athletic teams.  He said he should have played him against St. Bonnie but never got him in, and wants to play him against UMass.  Matt doesn't sulk in practice or on the bench, but has the 'what can I do to play more' attitude.

Mike loves the new uniforms, blue better than white or gray. Neither has seen the new mascot. 

UMass - 6'11" Holloway is maybe the most improved player in the league. 

Okay Soderballs, rip Ford a new one.  Tell all of us common folk where Ford lied to us. [BTW, how did Coach take your confrontation with him when you pointed out his lie on 'preparing student athletes for leaving SLU'?]

11 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Crawford lead off tonight's Coach Ford Show.  Best comment from Crawford, "I have more dunks this year than Reggie has in his career, and I give him crap about it."  Mike is looking to pass his CPA exam and the Bar exams.  Rammer against for one negative on Ford.  Mike said, every day first thing Coach says to the team is "What's up guys."

Coach - Liked the team driving to the rim v Dayton.  Yeah, they had many blocks but that was what he wanted. Finishing at the rim is a focus he wants this team to get better at.

He said that fatigue was a big factor v Dayton.  Hines legs were gone.  One of the reasons he went zone was to save the legs (and the foul situation).  He is taking it easy this week in practice to try and recover.

He liked the Defense against Dayton.  But the D could only hold on so long waiting until the offense kicked in, which it didn't.  He has put in new plays every game in conference based on the opponent.  He said the game never really got out of hand, but the offense just couldn't deliver.

Nice comments by Ford on Neufeld.  He met with Matt recently and told him he has faith in him and that he wants to get him more minutes.  [He said it really bothers him when he doesn't get guys into the games.]  Coach said Matt has some very good post moves.  He has problems against athletic teams.  He said he should have played him against St. Bonnie but never got him in, and wants to play him against UMass.  Matt doesn't sulk in practice or on the bench, but has the 'what can I do to play more' attitude.

Mike loves the new uniforms, blue better than white or gray. Neither has seen the new mascot. 

UMass - 6'11" Holloway is maybe the most improved player in the league. 

Thank you for your thoughts about the coaches show I missed it again and appreciate you taking the time to post the discussion.

Coach on the Press Box.  Two interesting questions from Frank.

1) " You have two verbal recruits for the 2018 class.  Will you add any more to that junior class."  Coach -Yes. [Frank did not ask about 2017.]

2) "When the transfers scrimmage against the regulars, who wins?"  Coach - One day it's the transfers, the next it is the regulars.  These guys (meaning the regulars) have really improved this year.

Ford also had high praise for Zeke's return.  He said he wanted to ease him back in, but watching the tape, said he did a lot of really good things.  Also commented on Wellmer 'the sky is the limit for him'. 

15 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Ok but no one right now is talking about Ford pretty much just saying that we will have an open slot. Either Gillman graduates early or Matt is gone. I am still thinking that Bishop might want to leave but Nuefield makes the most sense

Please learn how to spell Matt's last name. Or are you mis-spelling his name to disrespect him on purpose?  This isn't the first time you messed up his name. 

27 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Ok but no one right now is talking about Ford pretty much just saying that we will have an open slot. Either Gillman graduates early or Matt is gone. I am still thinking that Bishop might want to leave but Nuefield makes the most sense

Gillman leaving early does nothing to affect our 2018 scholarship situation.

You are obsessed with posting about who is leaving. At this point one has to be completely blind to not see that a couple players won't be back next year. Why post about it so often?

Not a whole lot of new information on tonight's Coach Ford show.

They are looking for an exempt tourney for next season, but most of them are already full.  He did allude that the extra events at Chaifetz make it harder than usual to schedule. 

Coach spent 4 or 5 minutes on Hines.  He said he doesn't think he ever had a player with 10 assists and 0 turnovers.  Said he has improved a lot over the last 3 to 5 weeks, and has eliminated a lot of his 'bad decisions' he was making when he drove to the rim.  He wants Hines to take more 3 point shots.

Under normal conditions, he would like an 8 man rotation - with no drop off at 6, 7 and 8, and then have a 9th and 10th man who can 'hold the fort'.

Coach said he didn't understand what the technical was called for against St. Bonnie, but that he expects to walk into a hornet's nest.

11 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Under normal conditions, he would like an 8 man rotation - with no drop off at 6, 7 and 8, and then have a 9th and 10th man who can 'hold the fort'.

Note that Coach Ford has liberally used redshirts in the past. No point in a high upside player who doesn't figure in your rotation just warming pine all year.

14 hours ago, kshoe said:

You are obsessed with posting about who is leaving. At this point one has to be completely blind to not see that a couple players won't be back next year. Why post about it so often?

Because our coach just said mid season that players are going to be asked to go someone else essentially. I don't see how that's not news. Now its time to look at whats going on at the bench

1 hour ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Because our coach just said mid season that players are going to be asked to go someone else essentially. I don't see how that's not news. Now its time to look at whats going on at the bench

When and where did he say that?

23 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Glorydays must work for a fake news site. I see the headline "Coach admits to kicking innocent players off team" 

That, or a certain administration.

#SLUrostermassacre