Coach's Show

Billboy1

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

-I miss Rick talking to Gary...

-when Rammer asked if there is a type of player he recruits coach mentioned aggressive twice, only trait he mentioned twice

-they bussed from Duq to Mason, Google maps has a 4hour 20 minute ride but the twitter account made it seem like they chartered home, I guess that savings goes into a leather briefcase at some point

-wasn't it Zeke in the gym the next day? 

-Rammer indicated that next week they will talk about Goodwin and French

-I enjoyed the hour, might try to get to Fieldhouse to take in an episode

18 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

He did. Said he was one of the best passers on this team AND one of the three best shooters he has coached, mentioning OSU stars Forte and Page. 

Wow, so one of the best passers and shooters at 6'7". And we've seen ball handling ability in his highlights. Intriguing player. 

4 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Wow, so one of the best passers and shooters at 6'7". And we've seen ball handling ability in his highlights. Intriguing player. 

A SLU version of Magic Johnson?  Run him at PG next year?

I noted that Coach listed Henriquez taller at 6' 7" than previously stated, and said Foreman was 6' 7.5", which is shorter than previous.

11 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Yeah, playing DePaul would be r e a l l y exciting.

As a fan, I would rather see Mizzou on the schedule every year.  The Mizzou game would do more for local basketball fans.  That said, I think for recruiting and other reasons we need to have a game in Chicago at least every other year.  DePaul on the schedule might actually do more to help the program from a recruiting stand point and when it comes to fundraising.  Chicago has the largest alumni base outside the local area and some of those alumni have big bucks.  Playing at DePaul every every other year would give you a chance to work the alumni that enjoy basketball.

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

As a fan, I would rather see Mizzou on the schedule every year.  The Mizzou game would do more for local basketball fans.  That said, I think for recruiting and other reasons we need to have a game in Chicago at least every other year.  DePaul on the schedule might actually do more to help the program from a recruiting stand point and when it comes to fundraising.  Chicago has the largest alumni base outside the local area and some of those alumni have big bucks.  Playing at DePaul every every other year would give you a chance to work the alumni that enjoy basketball.

Agreed. I think for any Midwest program, it's important to have a regular game in Chicago. The only reason the MVC added Loyola was for that presence in Chicago for all their schools. 

SLU could schedule Loyola, DePaul, or Northwestern. If they got desperate, they could do a home and home with UIC. Just no Chicago State. 

I dont care if we play Mizzou or dePaul, as long as we stop playing the smaller no name schools as often. Hell, I wish we could do a 2 year contract with both, and switch off every year. 

11 hours ago, majerus mojo said:

As a Chicago resident it's fairly annoying that we never play any games remotely in this area. Seems like a no brainer

1 hour ago, JMM28 said:

Agreed. I think for any Midwest program, it's important to have a regular game in Chicago. The only reason the MVC added Loyola was for that presence in Chicago for all their schools. 

SLU could schedule Loyola, DePaul, or Northwestern. If they got desperate, they could do a home and home with UIC. Just no Chicago State. 

Agreed. I mean, I'm glad we play SUI and Edwardsville all the time - really great for the Metro East Alumni association - but can't we at least get a home and home with Loyola (I know Garanzini (sp?) is gone, but Porter, Jesuit connection, etc) or UIC?  

Regarding alumni in the Chicago, there ARE a lot now and all we get hit up for is an annual Cubs/Cards game (gets old after 10 years, plus people have fun stuff to do in the summer already).  I miss the SLU pre-game hospitality prior to a SLU-DePaul games during the Great Midwest years (granted, I was like 10 and couldn't drink at those).

36 minutes ago, slu06 said:

Agreed. I mean, I'm glad we play SUI and Edwardsville all the time - really great for the Metro East Alumni association - but can't we at least get a home and home with Loyola (I know Garanzini (sp?) is gone, but Porter, Jesuit connection, etc) or UIC?  

Regarding alumni in the Chicago, there ARE a lot now and all we get hit up for is an annual Cubs/Cards game (gets old after 10 years, plus people have fun stuff to do in the summer already).  I miss the SLU pre-game hospitality prior to a SLU-DePaul games during the Great Midwest years (granted, I was like 10 and couldn't drink at those).

in addition to the recruiting positives, having a home game each year in Chicago would allow a certain alumnus to save engine miles and aircraft fuel to attend a game at the Jewel of Midtown.;)

2 hours ago, brianstl said:

I agree Brian I would like to play SPUMAC but it takes two and it appears SPUMAC has no interest.   I would like to see DePaul on our schedule every year it sure beats Chicago State, Utah State or Samford and son.  I would also like to see Coach Moser's Loyola team if DePaul or Northwester are not interested.  I liked the seasons in the Great Midwest conference playing DePaul twice a season.

-as coach mentioned last night, scheduling is difficult, I have no problem and can see benefits to playing in Chicago, our version of Duke playing in NYC every season

-the scheduling talk got me to look at A10 vs BEast this season to see if they are playing us, A10 is 1-6 vs BEast, 2 games were in tourneys, 2 games were in the Philly Big 5, 2 games were what I gather are rivalry games (Rhody vs Prov and FU vs StJohns) and 1 game was UMass @ Providence so looking just at this season it doesn't appear like the BEast is too interested in playing A10 teams as only 4 of their teams were in these 7 games this season so not sure DePaul would be too interested to get us on their dance card, but there are other options in Chicago to pursue if coach has the interest

I actually think the attendance has been very good this year considering that SLU was projected for the A-10 basement this year.  What is lacking are the students attending the games.  The student section has been a ghost town many games.  Hopefully the fact that there is free food in the practice gym tonight, plus the beginning of the semester will be enough to get a LOUD student representation tonight.

28 minutes ago, GMan Alum said:

I actually think the attendance has been very good this year considering that SLU was projected for the A-10 basement this year.  What is lacking are the students attending the games.  The student section has been a ghost town many games.  Hopefully the fact that there is free food in the practice gym tonight, plus the beginning of the semester will be enough to get a LOUD student representation tonight.

People will show up when you give them free tickets. That's literally the only thing keeping games decently attended. We will see if the marketing department can actually get students to the game tonight. Hopefully they do more than just sit on their hands.

23 hours ago, brianstl said:

Mizzou is not going to play the Billikens. I was at the game at the Dome that made them decide to never play SLU again never ever.

I hope they will, but stating you would rather play Mizzou than play (insert school name) is a moot point. I'd rather have magic shoes that tie themselves. Great.

DePaul would be a good schedule. A game in Chicago would be great for the local alumni base up there, an easy and fun road trip(the science and industry museum is well worth a visit) and be a good exposure game and I think a great television opportunity for ESPN or the like in the often dreary late November and December options. win win win. With DePaul coming to STL a major conference opponent can be put on the floor, and one we should beat. another win. get this home and home set up now!

Loyola(IL) with Porter could be an excellent option too.. we already played IN st and Carbondale.. why not? Porter might even be down for a 2-for-one.

11 hours ago, Bills_06 said:

Well it's going to take a lot of free stuff to get students to show up after tonight's performance.  Brutal first half.  

Pizza aint gonna cut it much longer.. going to need to start catering with Pappy's to get them in the door.

the student section had good attendance.. but goodness what can you say at a game like that.