Worst team since?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Worst ever I saw was the final Ekker team in 81-82.  The funny part about that team is they started out something like 4-1 and then basically lost the rest of the season going 2-20. That has to be the worst streak on record in the last half century.  I remember them beating a bad Butler team at Hinkle, with me in the seats.  Willie Becton was 'the man' on that team.

1 hour ago, Tweeterjp said:

Bless ya'lls hearts....welcome to your Ford era. I'd say keep your chins up, but it actually only goes down hill from here. Don't get fooled with the amazing recruiting you'll see. Doesn't help much when there's no coaching. Good luck.

This guy hasn't watched many games this year. We beating decent teams with a glorified highschool team.

1 hour ago, Tweeterjp said:

Bless ya'lls hearts....welcome to your Ford era. I'd say keep your chins up, but it actually only goes down hill from here. Don't get fooled with the amazing recruiting you'll see. Doesn't help much when there's no coaching. Good luck.

ok.  sure.  we end with a losing record this year.  we play post-season next year.  Yeah, really down hill.

Those MBM's who stated that this was the worst Billiken's team you have ever seen, raise your hand and admit your mistake.  On page 1 of this thread, BillikenBlue, Quality1, HoosierBilliken, billiken roy, Billiken Rich and Torch all said this team was the worst ever.  Time to 'fess up.

2 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Those MBM's who stated that this was the worst Billiken's team you have ever seen, raise your hand and admit your mistake.  On page 1 of this thread, BillikenBlue, Quality1, HoosierBilliken, billiken roy, Billiken Rich and Torch all said this team was the worst ever.  Time to 'fess up.

What mistake?

Ford has this team playing well down the stretch + The A10 is the weakest it has been since we joined =a couple victories.  Last years team pulled out a couple late season wins as well.

I'm pullling for this squad.  They have tons of heart.  Doesn't change the fact that our best player would be barely a rotation guy on the Majerus teams and we are starting a walk on who didn't start in Junior College.  Least talented group I've ever seen.  A couple victories over weak opponents doesn't change the facts or validate Crews or any of his recruits.

4 hours ago, thetorch said:

What mistake?

Ford has this team playing well down the stretch + The A10 is the weakest it has been since we joined =a couple victories.  Last years team pulled out a couple late season wins as well.

I'm pullling for this squad.  They have tons of heart.  Doesn't change the fact that our best player would be barely a rotation guy on the Majerus teams and we are starting a walk on who didn't start in Junior College.  Least talented group I've ever seen.  A couple victories over weak opponents doesn't change the facts or validate Crews or any of his recruits.

Maybe the thread should be renamed, "Best coach since?"  Ford has motivated these guys to a higher level.  Hines could be the MVP for the team...a walk-on.  Ford got him under control.  This team and coach have become fun to watch.        

9 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

let me know when they beat a front runner of the worst version of the a-10 since the billikens have been in the a-10.   

that said, there is no denying that the billikens played very well offensively last night.   they didnt play much defense, but they shot and executed on offense very well.

We are still not good.  We are improving... we are trending up but we have a ways to go before we are no longer the worst. We are chasing Crews 1 (season from 2 years ago)  That team finished at D. We are currently at D-. Could we catch Crews 1 and not be the worst.  Yes but it won't be easy. We will need to win some more to improve to D.  For the remainder of the season we will not be favored in any of the remaining games.  

To win 4 conference games so far is a tribute to Ford. If he can raise the team up to D by the end of the season that  would be another feather in his cap.  It will be interesting to watch what happens when the talent level is upgraded  next year.

11 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Even though you did not call me out I thought they were the worse team ever early in the season when they turned the ball over all of the time, Crawford was having a nightmare senior season, Hines was not consistent, Roby up and down and JJ was not experienced enough to help out consistently.

Now Crawford is having the season we hoped, Hines is doing a good job running this team, Roby is a hard playing team leader  and JJ contributes and hustles every game and has shown why the A10 thought so highly of him in the preseason.

The team in my eye has gown from worse team ever to one of my favorites because of the heart of these guys.  For me it isn't all about wins and loses because stuff happens with teams such as injuries, and down recruiting years.  The team is different with coach Ford as the coach than with coach buzz kill Crews.  I thought the players under coach Crews always had the expression on there face as if they lived on the East Germany side of the Berlin wall, unhappy.

Weird stat: if George Mason had taken care of business against SLU they'd be 9-3 in conference and tied for 3rd place. Put differently, not every team we've beaten are bums.

The fact Ford has gotten us to this point and kept this team from quitting in early January is a real tribute to him and to the players.

They dug themselves such a hole in nonconf with a poor showing against a weak schedule, that they were always going to be historically bad according to the computer metrics, but clearly over the last month something has clicked and they've risen to the point where they look like a real basketball team with players who know their roles.

Not sure how many they can win the rest of the way, but it'd be nice to see them match/eclipse the 11 win mark from of each of the last 2 seasons.

I think this team will win a couple more games, and could get 3 wins. Lasalle at home is a possibility.  This team has gelled.  I believe the low turnovers and consistent play of the past month is better than either of the last two years.  I think that when this thread began it was making an accurate statement, but not today.

41 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

I think this team will win a couple more games, and could get 3 wins. Lasalle at home is a possibility.  This team has gelled.  I believe the low turnovers and consistent play of the past month is better than either of the last two years.  I think that when this thread began it was making an accurate statement, but not today.

I think we beat Fordham, Saint Joesephs, and LaSalle

17 hours ago, CBFan said:

Even though you did not call me out I thought they were the worse team ever early in the season when they turned the ball over all of the time, Crawford was having a nightmare senior season, Hines was not consistent, Roby up and down and JJ was not experienced enough to help out consistently.

Now Crawford is having the season we hoped, Hines is doing a good job running this team, Roby is a hard playing team leader  and JJ contributes and hustles every game and has shown why the A10 thought so highly of him in the preseason.

The team in my eye has gown from worse team ever to one of my favorites because of the heart of these guys.  For me it isn't all about wins and loses because stuff happens with teams such as injuries, and down recruiting years.  The team is different with coach Ford as the coach than with coach buzz kill Crews.  I thought the players under coach Crews always had the expression on there face as if they lived on the East Germany side of the Berlin wall, unhappy.

Being coached by Jim Crews is like living under the Stasi. owned.