GDT: 1/4/2017 - Can the Bills discover some mighty mo' in Gola?

Percentage wise looks like an decent game FG 41.7%, FT 70%, 3 pointers 38.9%, 3 players in double figures.

The rest of the story out rebounded 38 - 26, 15 turnovers, and out shot 60 - 48, 3 bench points, Johnson 0-6, Moore 1-4, Hines 2-9.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't say I'm surprised.  The lack of emotion and fire will only get worse as guys play out the string.  All you can play is for next year and harping on these young guys isn't worth it.  They have pride.  They are still OUR guys.  They were placed in an untenable situation by he who's name goes unspoken.  The La Salle announcers said Majerus lost a lot when a lot of his top recruiters left.  I guess that would be who ---- Harriman and Jensen?  But he who's name is Indianan for ca-ca is totally responsible for this abject failure.

My eval points remain the same and frankly I am not seeing much worthwhile.  The focus should be all on Welmer and Johnson and Moore's evolution and I'll return to the fact that we know the pedigree of two of them.  If I had a board name that included anything with "hoosier" in it, I'd change it.    Create distance.  This game was the first conference road test and right now we won't win anywhere on the road given this effort.  

At least my buddy cleared $50 in Vegas.  It's obvious who he took.

7 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Add me to the list of people who wonder what Hines has gotten into his head.

It's gotta just be "Hell, nothing to lose!" - right?

He's a walk-on on one of the worst teams in D-I, and one of the worst teams in SLU history. He knows reinforcements are on the way and that this is his last season getting minutes. He's got nothing to lose.

Another loss as expected, I did not watch the game for a change. I assume it was the same story as before, a story that will be repeated this year numerous times until we are all nauseated by it. Unfortunately that is what happens when you have a team with 9 players two of which plainly cannot play, one of which is out of commission for the season with a probably broken foot or ankle, a senior with apparent prior injuries who just cannot get around to score anywhere close to his prior record, two freshmen who are still learning the ropes and not much of a threat, and a walk on playing PG. We have 3 players that play Roby, Wellmer, and Agbeko, and these three can be neutralized without much trouble. The result is that we go down the tubes, badly. We have no depth, we are plagued with injuries, and really lack the necessary number of healthy workable players to be able to win.  

Serious question not second guessing and not pining for these guys back.   How many more wins would we have with Reynolds, Bartley, and Yarbrough this year?  Miles and Bartley would relegate Hines to towel boy status I think.  Just a thought for just this year, again not willing to trade ANY of our transfers for these guys..........

8 hours ago, Billiken Rich said:

Serious question not second guessing and not pining for these guys back.   How many more wins would we have with Reynolds, Bartley, and Yarbrough this year?  Miles and Bartley would relegate Hines to towel boy status I think.  Just a thought for just this year, again not willing to trade ANY of our transfers for these guys..........

I think they win the Alabama game and the other games are closer but I only see one win.

The Wiz believes 0 conference wins so maybe 2 wins with those guys.

11 hours ago, kshoe said:

I've thought about that a couple times over the years. We haven't had a decent recruiting class since porter left.

Till now.

I check in on his Loyola squad to see how they're doing.  Looks like they're pretty inconsistent, as his teams at his previous stops were.

10 hours ago, Billiken Rich said:

I watched Mizzou play LSU last night.  LSU looked pretty lousy (but won) and they recruited Reynolds, IIRC.  

1 hour ago, CBFan said:

I think they win the Alabama game and the other games are closer but I only see one win.

The Wiz believes 0 conference wins so maybe 2 wins with those guys.

Last year we were a D+ team... a full letter grade better than we are now....In terms of games it would mean about 3 extra wins for this season...Wins over AL & Samford  and a projected win over Duq in conf....so a total of 8 for the year...instead of 5..

11 hours ago, kshoe said:

I've thought about that a couple times over the years. We haven't had a decent recruiting class since porter left.

Till now.

Our best recruiting class under Majerus was with Porter and Biancardi on the staff.  The second best class (you could argue the best) was with Harriman and Porter on the staff.  You really need two assistants that can help the head coach sell the program to recruits if you want to land the talent the program needs to win.  Crews didn't get that at all.

1 hour ago, Box and Won said:

I check in on his Loyola squad to see how they're doing.  Looks like they're pretty inconsistent, as his teams at his previous stops were.

He's the perfect 1st assistant. Recruits his arse off but doesn't really seem to be the guy to lead the entire program.

1 hour ago, waldo027 said:

Did we hire the St. Louis Cardinals training staff? None of us have a clue what Bishop's injury is, how severe it is, and when he'll be back.

I heard the term stress reaction used on the radio to describe Bishop's ankle injury.  I have no idea what that is.  Old guy?

Stress reaction is not a medical term, it is a colloquial term to describe something wrong is going on. In terms of bones you can have a stress fracture, this is an incomplete linear fissure developing in a bone, a partial fracture that did not break the bone through and through if you may. Other than that, he may have issues with soft tissues and tendons. However, I saw him wearing a UNNA boot  during games a couple of times. These boots are compression fixtures that are used for fractures, to keep the bones together instead of using a cast. I have no idea what it is he has but think he may well have a fracture somewhere in the foot or ankle.

1 hour ago, Old guy said:

Stress reaction is not a medical term, it is a colloquial term to describe something wrong is going on. In terms of bones you can have a stress fracture, this is an incomplete linear fissure developing in a bone, a partial fracture that did not break the bone through and through if you may. Other than that, he may have issues with soft tissues and tendons. However, I saw him wearing a UNNA boot  during games a couple of times. These boots are compression fixtures that are used for fractures, to keep the bones together instead of using a cast. I have no idea what it is he has but think he may well have a fracture somewhere in the foot or ankle.

Thanks.  I understand your phrase, "something wrong is going on".