New Transfer Option

Ibruce

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Soderball said:

im sold on any non crews recruit. this team needs depth next year. the guy is better than anyone currently playing.

bingo.   not like ford hasnt shown he will recruit over what he has.   for now we are desparate for better talent.  5 capable players next year is not a good position to be in.  

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

bingo.   not like ford hasnt shown he will recruit over what he has.   for now we are desparate for better talent.  5 capable players next year is not a good position to be in.  

The thing is with Graves is that you have to be confident he can fill a role for 3 seasons.  You are not going to force out a kid that has already transferred into your program causing him to have sit another year and lose a year of eligibility. 

11 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Couldn't cut it at BC?

Not sold. 

5 pts and 1 1/2 assists in 18.8 min per game during the 1st half of his freshman year isn't bad. I don't know the situation but maybe he just didn't mesh with the coach and knew he wasn't happy, so why wait.

I will say that I hope we are being honest.   Goodwin was promised the point guard spot.  However obviously we need a capable backup. If the transfer realizes his role, then it's a great get.   If he is coming with false PT expectations, that could be chemistry distress.   

14 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

I will say that I hope we are being honest.   Goodwin was promised the point guard spot.  However obviously we need a capable backup. If the transfer realizes his role, then it's a great get.   If he is coming with false PT expectations, that could be chemistry distress.   

There is no reason he and Goodwin can't play together. We want to be a transition team and you need multiple ball handlers for that. In transition the roles aren't as defined as a slow down, run the clock offense. We definitely need another ball handler for next year and he will see a lot of action.

2 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Graves could possibly play some off guard, too.  He showed some ability to shoot from the 3 in his time at BC (36.5%).  He could help Goodwin with ball handling duties and use his shooting ability to help spread the floor.

I really think the best plan moving forward is to add some shooters who have ball handling ability.  Players that really compliment the talent that is already going to be taking the floor the next and following season.  That will open up the floor for Goodwin's penetration, not allow teams to key just on Henriquez on the perimeter and give French, Foreman and Gordon room to operate on the inside over the next few seasons.  This is a reason I think Moore probably has a role to fill moving forward.

40 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Was Hines given a scholarship this year?  I don't know if I ever heard that issue addressed after Bartley left.  If he was, we don't have a scholarship to give.  Scholarships count against your total for the whole academic year.

I don't know for sure, but I never heard that Hines was given a scholarship and I doubt Ford would have Graves on campus if we didn't have the ability to give him one for this semester.

Just now, kshoe said:

I don't know for sure, but I never heard that Hines was given a scholarship and I doubt Ford would have Graves on campus if we didn't have the ability to give him one for this semester.

This is what I am thinking, too.  I think there would have been some kind of announcement if Hines was awarded a scholarship.