New Transfer Option

Ibruce

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow this is a nice change. Remember when Soderberg would bank scholarships but then just use them to go crap his pants at an open gym in Edwardsville and offer people like ol one ball?

The risk with all the transfers is that it's hard to run a guy out if they aren't working out and you wind up investing at least two years.

1 hour ago, JMM28 said:

Wow this is a nice change. Remember when Soderberg would bank scholarships but then just use them to go crap his pants at an open gym in Edwardsville and offer people like ol one ball?

The risk with all the transfers is that it's hard to run a guy out if they aren't working out and you wind up investing at least two years.

I thought your reference was in very bad taste.  I do agree it is not right to force kids out if they are working hard and holding up their end.

My homeboy Ty Graves is a Billiken!!!!! How was this guy only a three star recruit? His highlight video reminds me of Pistol Pete, except quicker. Terrific news.

13 hours ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Seriously I really appreciate everyone saying yes to this guy. Also I am very ticked off that I got for proposing to take a 4* from MU, a team with over 7 4* players because they were Marquette's scraps and aparently MU is nothing but average. Let me tell ya something, if Marquette was in the A10, they would win every year, The big east recruits at a significantly higher level than the A10, but hopefully soon SLU will be Elite among a few competitive teams for the title, VCU, Dayton and RI. We are very bad this year and a complete turnaround can happen, but we cant be so picky. This transfer would be a great option. 

I understand your passion for the Marquette BB program I wish the Billikens was as successful and miss playing them however the A10 is not a trash league and you need to take a step back.

i would have been happy with the four star Marquette transfers as long as coach Ford was.

The Wiz has spoken on how Marquette would compete A10.

Enjoy both programs passionate one and have a happy new year.

7 hours ago, Macallan 18 said:

I hope he pans pans out.  There are some ????'s.  Highlights looks great, but remember the bar has been low here.  Couldn't cut one semester at BC?  I am a little skeptical, but trust Ford's judgement.  So welcome Ty!   

Just because he's transferring it doesn't mean he couldn't cut it. Probably just realized he made the wrong choice and decided to correct his mistake as quickly as possible. He played 18 minutes and scored 5 points and 1.5 assists a game the first 10 games of his college career. Sounds to me like he was cutting it. Just didn't care for the place he was cutting it at

9 hours ago, CBFan said:

I understand your passion for the Marquette BB program I wish the Billikens was as successful and miss playing them however the A10 is not a trash league and you need to take a step back.

i would have been happy with the four star Marquette transfers as long as coach Ford was.

The Wiz has spoken on how Marquette would compete A10.

Enjoy both programs passionate one and have a happy new year.

The A10 is not a trash league and I apoligize if it came out that way, in terms of recruiting talent however, I think its safe to say we are not a power conference in recruiting. With all the Salt from Illini fans in their newspapers about us taking their talent I think we have a great future. Saying it again, we have a great area to recruit from and I'm sure that was Travis Ford's biggest advantage to coming here. Also his OSU team (while not coached under him) is 10-2 right now. His recruits vs what we have right now from Crews team, future looks good

• 1 year later...
3 minutes ago, TFord and TRavs said:

From what I saw first hand at the game yesterday, I would not be surprised if Foreman grad transfers. I really feel for him. Looked very nervous on the court, seemed more focused on not messing up which leads to him messing up. Ford doesn’t go even close to as hard at any other player 

If the young man can't handle some constructive criticism, where he plays basketball is the least of his concerns. Ford is giving these kids life lessons. 

32 minutes ago, TFord and TRavs said:

From what I saw first hand at the game yesterday, I would not be surprised if Foreman grad transfers. I really feel for him. Looked very nervous on the court, seemed more focused on not messing up which leads to him messing up. Ford doesn’t go even close to as hard at any other player 

Odd take, considering that the last few games have been the most involved and confident DJ has looked all season.

18 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

Odd take, considering that the last few games have been the most involved and confident DJ has looked all season.

Rhode Island he looked great. But from where I was sitting Ford was very angry which disappointed me. I wish he was more positively motivating with these players since they are also going through a lot but again I don’t know what happens behind closed doors and the players seem to love Ford. I’m just saying with santos coming in next year and Gordon I would not be surprised at all if Foreman leaves 

2 hours ago, TFord and TRavs said:

This is an AWFUL take. 

Box and Won likes this