Mascot

SluBallz

18 minutes ago, SluBallz said:

Have we had any sort of mascot at the games this year?  I thought they might bring back the old one after all the backlash they had with the new mascot.  

They will have a new one I'm assuming by conference which is a better decision than bringing back the old one for the non con and then doing the reveal again 

• 1 month later...

News:

Get ready to meet your new Billiken mascot! 

After nearly 17,000 votes during our online poll in November, the new Billiken costume is ready to be unveiled. Meet the new mascot on Wednesday, Jan. 25, during halftime of the SLU vs. UMass basketball game at Chaifetz Arena.

2 hours ago, juniorbill76 said:

News:

Get ready to meet your new Billiken mascot! 

After nearly 17,000 votes during our online poll in November, the new Billiken costume is ready to be unveiled. Meet the new mascot on Wednesday, Jan. 25, during halftime of the SLU vs. UMass basketball game at Chaifetz Arena.

IMG_7214.GIF

14 hours ago, Old guy said:

If this is what the new Billiken looks like it is a major improvement over the last one.

Hey, guys -- it's Friday. This is a terrific opening to re-institute our longtime Friday tradition, especially given the need for a morale boost. Jimbo? Box? Where are you? And what has Oregon been up to lately? ;)

22 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-what are the chances the majority sentiment on the new mascot is not positive? not trying to set up a 50/50 

That depends on how realistic people are. Some will dislike anything different from the Billiken we had for a number of years. Others will expect something completely different from the new Billiken unveiled last Fall. Those people will be disappointed.

I expect that the "new" new Billiken will have will be similar to the previous new Billiken, only without the two-toned, and maybe without the wide open mouth.

1 hour ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

I expect that the "new" new Billiken will have will be similar to the previous new Billiken, only without the two-toned, and maybe without the wide open mouth.

As long as those two things are gone I think most people will be relieved. Stuff like the hairstyle and the eye shape was the least of that thing's worries.