Cowboy

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

That's fine. Still a score first PG.

I disagree completely. She can certainly score but her first objective is to run the team and she plays that way. Ever pay attention to why Jordan and Jenny get so many wide open looks from 3? It's not because opponents don't think they can shoot. It's Jackie penetrating and kicking out. How about Sophie? She seems to get the ball down low in a position to score a lot. Who makes that happen?

23 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

I disagree completely. She can certainly score but her first objective is to run the team and she plays that way. Ever pay attention to why Jordan and Jenny get so many wide open looks from 3? It's not because opponents don't think they can shoot. It's Jackie penetrating and kicking out. How about Sophie? She seems to get the ball down low in a position to score a lot. Who makes that happen?

I've never seen a lot of kicking out when she drives. I see them getting their looks off quick ball movement on the perimeter. 

If anything Kemph is too unselfish.

In the A10 she could score at will.  She passes up drives and shots to give her teammates chances to score.  She should be averaging over 20 a game.  No one in the A10 can touch her.

The women will be fine.  I loved the 2 seniors this year.  Sadie was a great player but not a transcendent talent.  I almost think she held the team back.  We have improved our talent with each recruiting year but the seniors kind of bottle necked the rotation.  Watch for a more talented group to emerge that just couldn't beat out Sadie & Olivia in practice.  

6 minutes ago, hsmith19 said:

Jeffries is a 5'8" shooting guard and sounds like the better of the two. The other girl is a 6'2" center.

Jeffries will be a freshman next season; the center is a 2018 recruit who committed early.

2 hours ago, hsmith19 said:

Yup, we won two and made the Sweet 16 last year.

So those worried that they might not get in were worried about nothing. If it were 32 teams, they'd have been a bubble team, but 64? No way.

11 minutes ago, Pistol said:

So those worried that they might not get in were worried about nothing. If it were 32 teams, they'd have been a bubble team, but 64? No way.

I didn't know enough about WNIT selection to be too confident, but I was more worried about not getting a home game. Their bracket is weird since they re-seed after each round, but it looks like we're the equivalent of an 8 seed. So we just barely scraped into a first rounder at Chaifetz.

1 hour ago, hsmith19 said:

I didn't know enough about WNIT selection to be too confident, but I was more worried about not getting a home game. Their bracket is weird since they re-seed after each round, but it looks like we're the equivalent of an 8 seed. So we just barely scraped into a first rounder at Chaifetz.

Seeds between 5 and 8 would get first-round home games, right?

This was my first women's game of the year. I was very impressed by how much the crowd gave it to the refs.

Also very impressed by the SLU Band's countdown of the shot clock.  They counted down the clock but as if it had more time than it did.  IUPUI just held onto the ball as the real shot clock expired but the band was still counting.

17 minutes ago, SluSignGuy said:

This was my first women's game of the year. I was very impressed by how much the crowd gave it to the refs.

Also very impressed by the SLU Band's countdown of the shot clock.  They counted down the clock but as if it had more time than it did.  IUPUI just held onto the ball as the real shot clock expired but the band was still counting.

I was equally impressed.  SLU women made NO 3pt shots, IUPUI had 5 I think, but we outrebounded them by a wide margin.  

Not clear if the Sunday game vs IU is here or there.

Sadie Stipanovich single handedly put the team on her back in the third quarter and willed us to a win.  Must have had 15 reb all by herself.

mhg

27 minutes ago, Billikenbooster said:

I was equally impressed.  SLU women made NO 3pt shots, IUPUI had 5 I think, but we outrebounded them by a wide margin.  

Not clear if the Sunday game vs IU is here or there.

Sadie Stipanovich single handedly put the team on her back in the third quarter and willed us to a win.  Must have had 15 reb all by herself.

mhg

IUPUI was actually something like 8/18 from 3P. They can shoot. They also announced the Sunday game in Bloomington.

Turnovers were a big difference as well between the halves. I think it was about 12 TOs in the first half and only 4 in the second. 

Thanks for the shoutout on the shot clock. We've tried that before, only worked a couple times, though.

1 hour ago, hsmith19 said:

IUPUI was actually something like 8/18 from 3P. They can shoot. They also announced the Sunday game in Bloomington.

1pm CT

Glad to hear Ford and Tate were there. I had wondered, looked around, didn't see.

Fun game to watch. They couldn't handle Sadie, and finally in 4th quarter Kempf got it going. McMahan and Frantz were good on both ends.