Ala over the Bills by 17

The Wiz

If you need more analysis of the BYU  game check the BYU prediction thread...the score pretty says it all though.

So it is on to the SEC and AL:.

The good news is we are playing the "loser". The bad news is that even though they lost we are still playing the better team as Valpo pulled a mini upset. AL is currently a B+ team (but these numbers are continuing to evolve as they too move toward 8 games)  The point is they are still significantly better than we are. An above average team...the Tide struggles against good teams and feasts on bad teams (uh-oh)

The key to this game will be what happens outside the arc. They are a pretty good shooting 3pt team that goes cold when defended tightly. This is what happened in Valpo game. Valpo shut them down deep. On the flip side they don't defend much on the 3 concentrating on inside the circle. Unlike BYU they have no dominant man...scoring is pretty much spread around.  Ingram is their shooter...61/50/71...But if you concentrate on him they have Collins or Key who can also shoot plus a lot of depth.

Bottom line....above average team that has a weakness from the 3 on both sides of the ball...If we can stop them at the 3 (under 30%) and get hot from the 3 ...we have a chance...A big IF...We will need a slash line of 50/ 40/ 75 to have a chance.

On 11/22/2016 at 8:53 AM, The Wiz said:

If you need more analysis of the BYU  game check the BYU prediction thread...the score pretty says it all though.

So it is on to the SEC and AL:.

The good news is we are playing the "loser". The bad news is that even though they lost we are still playing the better team as Valpo pulled a mini upset. AL is currently a B+ team (but these numbers are continuing to evolve as they too move toward 8 games)  The point is they are still significantly better than we are. An above average team...the Tide struggles against good teams and feasts on bad teams (uh-oh)

The key to this game will be what happens outside the arc. They are a pretty good shooting 3pt team that goes cold when defended tightly. This is what happened in Valpo game. Valpo shut them down deep. On the flip side they don't defend much on the 3 concentrating on inside the circle. Unlike BYU they have no dominant man...scoring is pretty much spread around.  Ingram is their shooter...61/50/71...But if you concentrate on him they have Collins or Key who can also shoot plus a lot of depth.

Bottom line....above average team that has a weakness from the 3 on both sides of the ball...If we can stop them at the 3 (under 30%) and get hot from the 3 ...we have a chance...A big IF...We will need a slash line of 50/ 40/ 75 to have a chance.

Billikens nearly hit your slashline, wiz. Would have won if we had hit it.

They(AL) also shot well under 30% from three.. until the last three minutes.

Some observations, Crawford total scores appear to be crawling up and played 34 minutes. This is good, he may be regaining strength, not reactivating prior injuries, we will know as he continues playing. 

Hines managed 5 points and played 14 minutes, and Gillmann managed to do better than Neufeld, not anything spectacular of course but better than last game.

10 hours ago, Soderball said:

Billikens nearly hit your slashline, wiz. Would have won if we had hit it.

They(AL) also shot well under 30% from three.. until the last three minutes.

You are correct...had we made the projected slash line ( 3 more baskets + 1 more FT) we would have won by 2...and yes we held them to 18% from the arc for the 1st 35 min ...outstanding... and then the roof caved in.  We also went from  an acceptable 13 TOs in the 1st 35 min to an additional 6  more in the final 5 min ( a projected rate of about 48 /gm) .  making for a total of 19....almost always a loser.

While the BYU game was disappointing , the AL game was heartbreaking...we had it won and let it slip away.  When you have a 9 point lead , you have to be able to close it out and win.  While the last 2 games only had a 1 pt spread difference (18 vs 17) I really didn't think we had a chance to beat BYU. The Tide, though, had this 3 pt weakness (offense and defense) that I thought we could exploit ..and we did for 35 min. One of things I had mentioned in the original post was that,... we could hold them to under 30% from the arc if we played them tightly...which we did. The final 4 threes in the last 5 min were pretty much wide open...exactly what Bama needed to make those shots.

Takeaways....AL didn't win the game ...The Bills lost it. The positive takeaway is that we improved  against 2 good teams.  In the BYU game we played them competitively for 28 min...In the AL game we had a 9 pt lead after 35 min. an improvement of 7 min. Going forward we need to play a full game of bball...in other words "improve " 5 more min.  We will have that chance against an easier opponent in Samford ...even though Samford will  also be favored. Remember , there are no easy opponents this year.

. Bills fans are thankful that there is a good next year to look forward to.

Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving ...Go Bills

Good to hear what you say Wiz, always a pleasure. So the arrow appears to be pointing up and we are making progress against much better teams, very nice. 

All that is needed now is to wish you all a good and happy Thanksgiving, we have something to be grateful and happy regarding the Bills. The glass is half full!

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

. Bills fans are thankful that there is a good next year to look forward to.

F#@% that! I'm thankful for this year's team! I have really enjoyed watching every game this year, with the exception of the Ball State game. The team is getting better each game. Thank God my enthusiasm is back. Let's kick Samford's ass!

1 hour ago, David King said:

F#@% that! I'm thankful for this year's team! I have really enjoyed watching every game this year, with the exception of the Ball State game. The team is getting better each game. Thank God my enthusiasm is back. Let's kick Samford's ass!

Sir, can you please watch your language? 

This is a public vehicle, and children could be looking at the content.

2 hours ago, David King said:

1000% on point. TF is not playing around this season at all! Boys are buying in. Great to watch the growth taking place on the court. 

They are exponentially better coached, that's for sure.  You could see their buy-in kicking in last night.  They also run inbounds plays-amazing!  Maybe the largest part of coaching is having players that want to run through a wall for you; Crew's players did not want to run through a paper bag for him.  Ford is obviously willing to put in the effort to be great.