Billiken Volleyball

-watching the stream yesterday the color commentator mentioned that SLU was playing a 5'8 girl upfront which sounds like quite an advantage to the other side

-that Rygelski must be fantastic to be the only weapon and have that success, too bad they couldn't find someone to help her

-UD ends the season for vball and both soccer's, I certainly share the view expressed by Box

31 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

They have done well regular season but this is the 2nd Tournament Choke Job I know of.  I'm not the most informed VB fan so I might be mistaken.

To be honest, it was the first and only match I went to all year (or in the last 20 years), but decided to take the family up.  Not sure I'd call it a choke job.  Dayton was ranked #22, undefeated in the A-10, and lost 1 match all year.  We were 18-14 and the #4 seed in the tourney.

It was actually a pretty fun atmosphere with both school's pep bands there. Fast paced with only minimal breaks between games.  And once again, I don't know much about Vball but Rygelski seems to be a great player and was dominant at times.  Set A-10 champ record for kills and set NCAA record for most kills in a season since going to 25pt games (of course Twitter said "currently" so assuming someone else was close to breaking that this year too).

As someone mentioned, it felt like they ran out of gas a bit and Dayton turned it on.  In the 4th SLU got out to a 4-1 lead, but from then on, Dayton was pretty much in control.