Other D1 games

almaman

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mizzou just lost in OT to Xavier by 1.  Impressive 3 bad plays in a row for Mizzou to end it, had the ball in a tie game with chance for last shot and had it blocked.  Xavier got a timeout with 1.7 left and Mizzou fouled the shooter.  Xavier hits 1 and Mizzou has 0.3 seconds and passes it to guy under the basket who has no chance of even shooting.  

20 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

Mizzou just lost in OT to Xavier by 1.  Impressive 3 bad plays in a row for Mizzou to end it, had the ball in a tie game with chance for last shot and had it blocked.  Xavier got a timeout with 1.7 left and Mizzou fouled the shooter.  Xavier hits 1 and Mizzou has 0.3 seconds and passes it to guy under the basket who has no chance of even shooting.  

I saw that.  Amazing!  Philips tried a take down on the X player with less than one second left (it was a foul - not a shooting foul - but also quite a bit of flopping from X), and then simply to hand the ball to the player standing beside you 94 feet from the hoop?? 

Bad coaching or bad players, or both?  Even the announcers had a clue to the one way Missery could pull it off. But obviously Missery didn't buy the same clue.  And X tried their best to give this one away, 2 of 22 from the 3 and 65% from the line, but Missery simply wouldn't take it.

On another note, 52 fouls were called and 65 foul shots taken.  This is not sustainable.  The public is going to tire of constant whistles and the drudgery of FT's before too much longer.

7 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

Yea I am not sure about Xavier this year but Mizzou has looked better.  Phillips and Hughes look like two good young players and they will be adding Jordan Barnett for conference play.

They'll get Jordan back just in time to play our biggest rival, Illinoi$

-I saw quite a bit of StJ's/Ole Miss yesterday from US Virgin Island tourney and not only was the hawk very casual on the flapping (I thought it wasn't flapping but I guess it was just a long pause between flaps), the team did not impress but they do have someone trying to match Bembry's afro - not sure how good Ole Miss is 

Wichita absolutely destroying LSU in the first half of the battle for Atlantis tournament.  Wichita looks like they re-loaded with good players with the departure of VanFleet and Baker.