Other D1 games

almaman

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, For-DaLove said:

I had to revisit. These two posts will live on forever. Truly remarkable.

Thank you for complementing me on my remarkable post and I am happy to see that it will live with you forever, I did not realize the effect my posts have.

My question that you did not bother to answer was that is his numbers at Duke hurting his first round status?

I am hoping that Jayson is a lottery pick does well is all.

The decent posters on this site explained to me no worries he will be a first round pick and possibly a lottery pick.

Remember most decent people understand that there is no stupid question.

Most of the people on this site no more about basketball than I do and I like to ask questions that I do not know.

What is remarkable to me is your snarky attitude to a person wanting opinions about a hometown young man that I want to succeed.

I think Tatum was slow at of the gate do to all the time he missed.  It takes a while to get both you timing back and to get into game shape after a foot injury takes you down for a month.  Over his last 3 games against ranked opponents he is averaging 22 points and over 10 rebounds. Two of those games were on the road.

3 hours ago, For-DaLove said:

I don't really care about the draft boards you're seeing online, especially since you and others were "dropping" him after a dozen games played. An offensive talent like Tatum will be drafted closer to #1 overall than falling out of the lottery. He has been incredible the last two games and I fully expect that to continue.

I question why you didn't have a problem with the analysis when I made the post but do now after Tatum has a huge game?

Nothing has changed.  He's still a high floor, low ceiling player who is out of position in college.  It is making him look worse than he is.  Doesn't change the fact that you are a homer for him.  I think Tatum gets picked in the 7-9 range.

21 minutes ago, thetorch said:

I question why you didn't have a problem with the analysis when I made the post but do now after Tatum has a huge game?

Nothing has changed.  He's still a high floor, low ceiling player who is out of position in college.  It is making him look worse than he is.  Doesn't change the fact that you are a homer for him.  I think Tatum gets picked in the 7-9 range.

I did have a problem with your analysis then, as evidenced by my initial response stating he could still go #1 overall.

Calling me a homer is inaccurate. I'm a homer for SLU. Tatum passed on his chance to be a legend in this city. However, I cannot deny that he is a supremely talented basketball player.

I actually dont know how good we would have been with Tatum.  If all the teams double teamed him every possession, I am not sure the likes of Milik, Bartley, Miles, Roby could have scored on the other 3 defenders. 

And Crews would still be here.  Best recruiting miss in SLU history IMO

27 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

I actually dont know how good we would have been with Tatum.  If all the teams double teamed him every possession, I am not sure the likes of Milik, Bartley, Miles, Roby could have scored on the other 3 defenders. 

Great point. It worked out well for us.

I've only seen three or four of his games this year, but in those games Tatum is getting double-teamed a bunch even on a team of All-Americans and is still having very little trouble scoring. His three point shooting isn't as good as advertised, but I think we could've lived with that here. Hard to imagine us not at least sneaking into the tourney with him as our go-to guy. But would that be worth another year (or even two) of Crews? Not sure.

7 hours ago, For-DaLove said:

I don't really care about the draft boards you're seeing online, especially since you and others were "dropping" him after a dozen games played. An offensive talent like Tatum will be drafted closer to #1 overall than falling out of the lottery. He has been incredible the last two games and I fully expect that to continue.

True and if he doesn't go top #5 it is more because there are some really impressive prospects in his class.

1 hour ago, SLU_Nick said:

I recall Larry Hughes single-handedly carrying a team to the Dance when we played in a very strong conference. Larry averaged 20 ppg, nobody else averaged double figures. Ryan Luchtefeld of all people (wow!) was the 2nd leading scorer. If Tatum is as dominant as Hughes, and played in a down A-10, would not be shocked if he could have gotten us into the Dance by himself, BUT your last point is what is most important. For the long-term development of the program, it was best that we missed. And knowing that not only do we have Goodwin coming along, but also a major impact player in Gordon waiting in the wings... makes it really easy to move on from not landing Tatum.

7 hours ago, CBFan said:

Thank you for complementing me on my remarkable post and I am happy to see that it will live with you forever, I did not realize the effect my posts have.

My question that you did not bother to answer was that is his numbers at Duke hurting his first round status?

I am hoping that Jayson is a lottery pick does well is all.

The decent posters on this site explained to me no worries he will be a first round pick and possibly a lottery pick.

Remember most decent people understand that there is no stupid question.

Most of the people on this site no more about basketball than I do and I like to ask questions that I do not know.

What is remarkable to me is your snarky attitude to a person wanting opinions about a hometown young man that I want to succeed.

I'm wondering why you've interpreted For DaLove's comments as an attack on you or your position.  He was using your post to refute a post he disagreed with.  Together those posts are noteworthy, in his opinion.  He's not your enemy.

Hey Quality is Job 1, you bring up an interesting question. Are there enemies in this board (other than against trolls of course)? I think some people disagree more strongly than others about posts, but does that mean they are enemies? And if you think there are enemies in here what is your concept of an enemy? Is an enemy someone that disagrees with you and calls you unpleasant things, or someone who you really have a serious grudge with. Let's not define what a serious grudge is, if you please, but let me say that I see no enemies in this board, even when things get a bit heated.

3 hours ago, SLU_Nick said:

I would take this even further -- JT picking Dook could be one of the defining moments in our program's history, if not THE defining moment, should Ford guide us to the S16 or beyond

I would've sent him over to Coach K 100/100 times if I knew this is how things would eventually play out for us 

This post brought to you by 

IMG_8430.JPG

8 hours ago, For-DaLove said:

I did have a problem with your analysis then, as evidenced by my initial response stating he could still go #1 overall.

Calling me a homer is inaccurate. I'm a homer for SLU. Tatum passed on his chance to be a legend in this city. However, I cannot deny that he is a supremely talented basketball player.

Tatum and every other nationally known local players besides Larry since pre Grawer  off top of my head

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Franchise_08 said:

Wow Illinois just lost to Rutgers...this could be it for Groce. No way they make the tournament now. 

After a mini-hot streak, too. I thought he might have just enough if they'd finished .500 in conference, but now I'm not so sure.