Other D1 games

almaman

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched Iowa state beat KU at KU.

Watched coach Weber poorly coach the last 4 minutes of the game against Baylor however K ST hung on to win.  They played the stall game

Richmond handled GW and Dayton killed the Dukes.

Missouri fading against Arkansas 66-64 MU with 7:25 to play.

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

Tatum scored 19 while leading the winning team in rebounds and assists, but was only the fifth best player on the court?

These guys, that say things like Tatum is a nobody and is not a lottery pick, are morons. The kid is one of the top scorers, on one of the best teams in the country, as a freshman. He just put up 19 & 9 tonight against the #7 ranked team in the country. I wish he was wearing a SLU uniform this season but to hate on the guy for going elsewhere doesn't make sense. 

10 hours ago, brianstl said:

Tatum scored 19 while leading the winning team in rebounds and assists, but was only the fifth best player on the court?

My guess is that his opinion was written during or after the first half. Tatum really exploded in the second half, scoring all 19 of his points then. Had some impressive dunks, too.

After this Super Bowl, we should know not to give a hard-line judgment of a game and the players in it until it's over.

2 hours ago, Pistol said:

My guess is that his opinion was written during or after the first half. Tatum really exploded in the second half, scoring all 19 of his points then. Had some impressive dunks, too.

After this Super Bowl, we should know not to give a hard-line judgment of a game and the players in it until it's over.

Jayson has had a solid season averaging 16 points, 7 rebounds, 2.1 assists, 1.5 steals, 1.4 blocks, and 2.8 TOs with a 22.7 player efficiency rating. Those are definitely really nice numbers for a true freshman. To me it looked like he was playing kind of a selfish game, but maybe with Coach K back and more time to mesh with guys like Allen and Kennard we will see improved play from here on out. I also think Tatum is a different player than some of the other true freshmen who have immediately dominated college basketball from day #1 since he is not a physically or athletically dominating player for his position or a lights out shooter, so he lacks a bit of the flash of guys like Lonzo Ball, Markelle Fultz, Dennis Smith, Josh Jackson, De'Aaron Fox, or Malik Monk. His game is impressive for his all around skill set for his size and that hasn't translated into dominating college basketball although he does have nice numbers.

This is going to be an interesting March, seems really wide open with like 20 of so teams that I could see making a run.

3 hours ago, Pistol said:

Yeah I should probably apologize to Nick for being a bit of a smart a.  I was in a meeting that ran a couple of hours longer than it was supposed to and missed the game.  Looked at the box score, saw Duke won and saw Tatum's line for the night.  Then I saw what was posted and it just didn't make sense to me.  Sorry Nick.

I believe tatum is playing out of position manning a PF position instead of a small forward which he will play in the pro's.  but who can argue with Kennard being the sf this year with the year he is having.   (Kennard is a lot of fun to watch imo.)  I would bet tatum is a first round pick.   and if he explodes in the ncaa tourney he will cement his lottery position.  

On 1/28/2017 at 2:14 AM, thetorch said:

NC st does have one of the 2 best guards in the nation on their team.

Coach K is wasting Tatum.  He may fall out of the lottery at this rate.

On 1/28/2017 at 11:02 AM, CBFan said:

Jayson Tatum's stats.

MIN

FGM-FGA

FG%

3PM-3PA

3P%

FTM-FTA

FT%

REB

AST

BLK

STL

PF

TO

PTS

66-153

13-44

53-63

16.5 points per game average.

Based on the stats so far and his potential is that enough to be a first round pick?

I had to revisit. These two posts will live on forever. Truly remarkable.

2 hours ago, For-DaLove said:

I had to revisit. These two posts will live on forever. Truly remarkable.

You realize at the beginning of the season Tatum was a top 3 pick.  In the last month he fell down to 8, 9, & 10 on most draft boards.  A couple good games and now he is up to 5 & 6.  Tatum's perception in the media is not great, especially for a Duke product.  His rundown starts with his weaknesses not with his strengths.  No other top 5 pick is getting that type of treatment.

7 hours ago, thetorch said:

You realize at the beginning of the season Tatum was a top 3 pick.  In the last month he fell down to 8, 9, & 10 on most draft boards.  A couple good games and now he is up to 5 & 6.  Tatum's perception in the media is not great, especially for a Duke product.  His rundown starts with his weaknesses not with his strengths.  No other top 5 pick is getting that type of treatment.

I don't really care about the draft boards you're seeing online, especially since you and others were "dropping" him after a dozen games played. An offensive talent like Tatum will be drafted closer to #1 overall than falling out of the lottery. He has been incredible the last two games and I fully expect that to continue.