Other D1 games

almaman

3 hours ago, kshoe said:

Sure. And nobody would have thought SLU would be a threat on the recruiting trail last year around this time but we've since taken recruits from Illinois (Goodwin), Mizzou (Gordon) and UMass (French) based solely on the efforts of Ford and staff. If a dynamic recruiter ends up in Columbia it won't be good for us.

Personally, I want Mizzou to win as many games as necessary to keep Andersen employed. Unfortunately, he's definitely trending towards being fired so all we can hope is that they don't have anyone dynamic moving in this spring.

Respectfully I did because of two reasons; 1) Chaifetz,Arena 2) Rick Majerus became the coach.  Two things I never thought would happen but did so I believe in big things for SLU.

Clagget, Highmark, Bonner, Gray, Douglas, Hughes, Baniak have stayed home to play.

Missouri has a bigger problem than the dumpster fire basketball program, their Campus.

Enrollment is down at Missouri since the incident.

Of course I could be wrong.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, CBFan said:

Respectfully I did because of two reasons; 1) Chaifetz,Arena 2) Rick Majerus became the coach.  Two things I never thought would happen but did so I believe in big things for SLU.

Clagget, Highmark, Bonner, Gray, Douglas, Hughes, Baniak have stayed home to play.

Missouri has a bigger problem than the dumpster fire basketball program, their Campus.

Enrollment is down at Missouri since the incident.

Of course I could be wrong.

You honestly thought a year ago today that within 12 months we'd have a top 25, top 60, top 150 hs recruits and 3 really nice transfers in the fold? That is some foresight.

13 hours ago, kshoe said:

You honestly thought a year ago today that within 12 months we'd have a top 25, top 60, top 150 hs recruits and 3 really nice transfers in the fold? That is some foresight.

Ford is the right hire. recruiting to this nightmare of a program is no mean feat.

im 100% with Ford.

• 1 month later...
45 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

You guys shat on me over and over and over for comparing our turnaround to Marquette's. Well they just beat the number 1 team in the nation today. Milwaukee and St. Louis are probably the most similar cities in the region with one difference, St. Louis has better local talent with few competitors. 

Metro StL is almost twice the size of metro Milwaukee. They're really not all that similar. Are you a Marquette grad or Milwaukee transplant or something?

1 minute ago, hsmith19 said:

Metro StL is almost twice the size of metro Milwaukee. They're really not all that similar. Are you a Marquette grad or Milwaukee transplant or something?

Which makes my point that there is no reason we can't be better. And Marquette and SLU are considered very similar schools. 

3 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Which makes my point that there is no reason we can't be better. And Marquette and SLU are considered very similar schools. 

As such a big Marquette fan, I'm surprised you had so many posts tonight on the billiken board right in the middle of the game against Villanova. 

9 minutes ago, hsmith19 said:

They've already played themselves out of a 1 seed, so at least they won't have to worry about losing to a school like Lehigh this year.

To be fair, that was a 2-15 matchup. There hasn't been a 16 upset of a 1 yet, although it should've happened in 2012 when the refs robbed Matt Dickey and Asheville of an upset over Syracuse.

Duke will still be overseeded, and very well may go on a run. The talent is there. I think Coach K is discovering what Coach Cal already knows: that you can assemble the best group of young players in the nation, but it doesn't always click. Some years the mix is just right. Other years, they can't get on the same page. Other years, it just takes a while.

2 minutes ago, Pistol said:

To be fair, that was a 2-15 matchup. There hasn't been a 16 upset of a 1 yet, although it should've happened in 2012 when the refs robbed Matt Dickey and Asheville of an upset over Syracuse.

Duke will still be overseeded, and very well may go on a run. The talent is there. I think Coach K is discovering what Coach Cal already knows: that you can assemble the best group of young players in the nation, but it doesn't always click. Some years the mix is just right. Other years, they can't get on the same page. Other years, it just takes a while.

Thats the problem when you're teams consist of almost all top 20 guys of their recruiting classes, they all look at each other as competition for the NBA and want to pat their scores rather than play as a team since they're on this mindset of playing like an unpaid internship before they make millions in the league

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

True that on the 1 seed. Brain fart on my part. Watching them right now it's hard to imagine them winding up a top 10 team. But I guess NC State at home is their only truly bad loss so far, so still plenty of time for them to right the ship.

Jayson Tatum's stats.

MIN

FGM-FGA

FG%

3PM-3PA

3P%

FTM-FTA

FT%

REB

AST

BLK

STL

PF

TO

PTS

66-153

13-44

53-63

16.5 points per game average.

Based on the stats so far and his potential is that enough to be a first round pick?

43 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Jayson Tatum's stats.

MIN

FGM-FGA

FG%

3PM-3PA

3P%

FTM-FTA

FT%

REB

AST

BLK

STL

PF

TO

PTS

66-153

13-44

53-63

16.5 points per game average.

Based on the stats so far and his potential is that enough to be a first round pick?

Seriously? First round?

18 minutes ago, willie said:

Its all about potential. 

Exactly.  His lottery slot was solid when he was at Chaminade and it hasn't changed.  It really doesn't matter what he does this year at Duke.

I saw the Louisville Duke game, and Tatum had to guard the Cardinal's PF.  He didn't do too well on the D.  He'll get stronger as he ages.  I doubt if he makes a huge impact next year in the NBA. He'll need time to develop physically.