Media Information for the 2016-2017 Men's Basketball Season

Go_Bills

4 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I don't know if I would call being on a more significant station a slap in the face. Being on KMOX is better than being on 101, even for just 1 game.  KMOX is still the big dog when it comes to sports in this town.

I can't even think of the last time I listened to any local programming on 101 besides the Billikens.  That station is awful.

It's a slap in the face by 101.1.  I agree there's no reason to listen to WXOS anymore unless it involves a Billikens game or show, but KMOX will always give the Cardinals preferential treatment over the Billikens — even for spring training games over Billikens post-season coverage — so I like having a station that will be dedicated to carrying SLU's content.  But now that "dedication" is in question because the team is bad?  The Rams were as bad or worse, comparatively, for years before they left, but 101 didn't cast them off.  Now there's no local NFL team, yet the supposedly local sports station is ditching a local team that it's supposed to be the carrier of for pre-game junk?  I don't like it.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, White Pelican said:

yep. me too.

I'm watching on my phone using vipboxtv.me.

Whoops, fixed that and nice, I didn't know that worked on phones. Apparently my link is being updated by "breaking News"

Edit: my link is back as well, glad you guys had backups.

1 minute ago, Pistol said:

No echo here

Thanks, I was really talking about the quality level, but I noticed that wiz1 channel 13 is streaming now, so would it be cool if we just switched back to that or do you prefer livestream better. I just know they are built to handle streams better than my make-shift setup. 

First post has been updated for Saturdays game.

Please feel free to check if these channels on your own TV provides guide to make sure they are the right channel before the game time. If you notice anything off please post so that I can correct it. At this time, I only have streaming TV service therefore, I will be relying on others and online guides.  

On 11/10/2016 at 11:33 AM, Go_Bills said:

Saint Louis (6-14, 2-6 A-10) at George Washington (11-9, 3-4 A-10)
Saturday, Jan. 28 :: 3 p.m. (CT) :: Charles E. Smith Center 
TV: American Sports Network (Jason Knapp, Tom Pecora) | CSN | BA-Chi

AT&T UVerse:  1711  (can anyone check and confirm?)

DirectTV: 628 NESN+HD

Dish Network 434 (HD/SD) 5434 (HD)

Comcast (Boston) NESN:
13 (SD) / 851 (HD)
NESN Plus:
84 (SD) / 894 (HD)
Comcast (Hartford) NESN:
28 (SD) / 200 (HD)
NESN Plus:
84 (SD) / 1650 (HD)
RCN (Boston) NESN:
367 (SD) / 612 (HD)
NESN Plus:
60 (SD) / 600 (HD)

And playstation Vue depending on area.
Radio: 101.1 FM ESPN (Bob Ramsey, Earl Austin Jr.)
Online: Listen (101 ESPN) | Live Stats | ASN Live Stream 

SETTING THE SCENE 

-- Saint Louis (6-14, 2-6 A-10) continues Atlantic 10 Conference play Saturday when it travels to Washington, D.C., to face George Washington. Tipoff is scheduled for 3 p.m. (CT).

-- Saturday’s game will be produced and televised by the American Sports Network and sent to affiliates around the country. Jason Knapp and Tom Pecora are on the call. ASN will stream the game, free of charge, at www.americansportsnet.com.

-- Saturday’s radio broadcast will air on 101 ESPN. As always, Billiken Hall of Famer Bob Ramsey provides the play-by-play, while St. Louis American Sports Editor Earl Austin Jr. handles the analysis.

THE OPENING TIP

-- Saint Louis and George Washington are coming off victories Wednesday night. The Billikens defeated UMass 74-70 at Chaifetz Arena, while George Washington won a rivalry game at George Mason, 87-68.

-- The Billikens set school records for free throws made (39) and attempted (55) in the win against UMass.

-- Junior guard Davell Roby leads the Billikens’ active players in scoring with 10.7 ppg, which includes a team-best 11.1 ppg in A-10 play.

-- Redshirt junior guard Aaron Hines, who scored a career-high 21 points in the UMass win, is second on the Billikens with 10.3 ppg in A-10 play. He is averaging 36.2 mpg in A-10 play, seventh in the league. 

-- Senior forward Reggie Agbeko scores 9.6 ppg and is tied for third in the Atlantic 10 Conference with 7.9 rpg. His 54.9 percent shooting mark from the field is fifth in the A-10. He has four double-doubles on the season and seven in his career.

-- Senior guard Mike Crawford averages 9.0 ppg. Redshirt freshman forward Elliott Welmer scores 7.5 ppg and is tied for 12th in the league in 3-point FG percentage in A-10 games only (11-of-26, .423).

-- Freshman forward Jalen Johnson has started the last five games and is averaging 10.8 ppg and 6.0 rpg during that stretch. He is tied with Welmer for 12th in the league in 3-point FG percentage in A-10 games only (11-of-26, .423).

-- First-year Billikens head coach Travis Ford is in his 20th season as a collegiate head coach and has a 351-271 career mark.

-- Up next for the Billikens is a stretch where they will play four of their next five games at Chaifetz Arena, beginning Wednesday, Feb. 1, against George Mason.

SCOUTING GEORGE WASHINGTON  

-- The Colonials, winners of their last two games, enter Saturday’s game with an 11-9 overall record and a 3-4 mark in league play.

-- Tyler Cavanaugh leads the team with 16.0 ppg and 7.4 rpg. Yuta Watanabe, who missed time earlier this season with an injury, is back at full strength and contributes 13.3 ppg. He has scored in double figures the last six games.

-- George Washington is 12th in the A-10 in scoring offense with 69.3 ppg, but the Colonials are fourth in 3-point field-goal percentage (.370) and free-throw percentage (.733).

-- Interim head coach Maurice Joseph is in his first season at GW. He took over for Mike Lonergan, who was let go as GW’s head coach in September 2016.

SERIES NOTES

This is the 15th overall meeting between the Billikens and Colonials ... the series is tied 7-7 ... the Billikens have won four out of the last six in the series, which began in the Billikens’ first season of Atlantic 10 Conference play in 2005-06 ... last season, SLU defeated the Colonials during the A-10 season at Chaifetz Arena, but GW eliminated the Billikens from the A-10 Championship at Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

Source: SluBillikens

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This website incorporates links to other websites maintained by unaffiliated third parties. With the exception of the Billikens.com (www.billikens.com), these websites are neither owned by nor under the control of Billikens.com. Billikens.com is not responsible for the contents of any third party website. We provide such links as a convenience to our website users, and inclusion of any link implies neither our endorsement of its website nor any association with its operators or owners.

there's women hockey on now right in middle of game cornell/harvard