A10 Soccer Tournament Thread

slufan13

24 minutes ago, Tilkowsky said:

Wow. just wow. The Coach of the Year in the A-10 loses in the first round to number eight seed Dayton.

Hopefully they fired him after the game.

The job at SLU doesn't pay that much. 

The current Creighton coach interviewed the same time as McGinty and is making double the salary.

I read a few years back McGinty only makes 70,000.

Maybe the basketball recruits could throw some money the new soccer coach's way.

17 hours ago, cheeseman said:

Is his contract up now?  If not he will be back to finish it out.  Think Shimmy.  The school won't want to pay a soccer coach to sit at home is my guess.

The story with Dan Donigan was that he had a series of one-year contracts and that SLU only gave longer contracts to the basketball coaches.  Donigan left for a five-year contract at Rutgers.  At least that is what I had read.

I was curious to see how Donigan was doing in the Garden State and it looks like Rutgers finished 1-14-2.  The Scarlett Knights were able to avoid a winless season after defeating Bradley (2-14-3).  That is an incredible drop-off from his 12 win, second round NCAA tournament team from a season ago.

As for coaches, if SLU had the money and commitment to rebuilding the program, the target should be Neil Jones from Loyola University Chicago.