• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Cowboy said:

-I drank the Kool Aid and got to 14 wins, 6 in conf, no tourney wins

-let the games begin

Aren't we highly likely to be playing the play-in game (opening round or whatever you want to call it) of the A-10 tournament?  Therefore, we'll either be in the 11 vs 14 game or the 12 vs 13 game like last season.

I think SLU can win that play-in game.  I'll also throw out 14 wins as my prediction, but with a win in A-10 play-in round.

On 11/8/2016 at 3:09 PM, kshoe said:

I like the idea of a good bet, believe me, but I'm not sure incentivizing half the fans to call against the team is a good idea. We had that last year as people didn't want them to win down the stretch because they thought it would make it more likely that Crews is retained. We need to be united in rooting FOR the Bills this year. 

i was scared. terrified, that Crews would be retained. my fears were completely unfounded as the decision to move on from JC had been made long before.

No such fears this year. Ford is an incredible hire and is doing an incredible job. we could win 0 games and it would be the ideal hire. look at this incoming recruiting class. weather the storm, we are headed back to the promised land. we could lose every year in the first round, but by God we will be in the tournament field. that is fine enough for me.

5 hours ago, DoctorB said:

Admittedly:  a week into the season, almost.  But this is bad on the eyes....

How does 6-26 sound?? 

(hope I'm wrong; but that Southern Utah team was one of the worst we've ever seen at the Fetz; and for a while, I thought we might manage to lose to them!)

Valpo was down to SUU well into the 2nd half. Doc, haven't you watched enough pre Thanksgiving games to take these early season performances with a grain of salt?  If we haven't achieved an offensive rhythm by December, then it's time to revise downward.

6 hours ago, Old guy said:

Doctor B you could drive an 18 wheeler semi through the gap in your expectations. 

You could also drive an economy car, or even an entire locomotive through them.  All these things are of similar width.

This is, of course, operating under the assumption that the height of the vehicle navigating through the expectations is not constrained by height.  If there is, say, an 8-foot high tunnel separating the expectations, then it's quite possible that only the passenger car could pass successfully through the expectations.

By the same token, if the expectations are moving side to side, say on a conveyor belt whose direction is governed by a limit imposed upon a randomly generated number, then most probably, again, only the passenger car can pass.

Adding further complexity is the motor speed driving the conveyor belt upon which the expectations rest.  If the belt is moving really fuoking fast, it's possible that even the passenger car could not navigate the expectations.  Unless the imposed polling interval of the randomly generated number-driven bi-directional motor is sufficiently small and the decision probability odds lay close to

50/50,

in which case only a minor lateral "jitter" would occur regarding the gap between the expectations.

Given these constraints, maybe even a vehicle as long as a train could pass through them.  Provided it was traveling at sufficient speed of course.

In summation, I'm guessing it's

50/50

whether a semi could pass through the expectations gap.

Chaos theory, is it good, or is it wack?

giphy.gif

13 minutes ago, jimbofive said:

You could also drive an economy car, or even an entire locomotive through them.  All these things are of similar width.

This is, of course, operating under the assumption that the height of the vehicle navigating through the expectations is not constrained by height.  If there is, say, an 8-foot high tunnel separating the expectations, then it's quite possible that only the passenger car could pass successfully through the expectations.

By the same token, if the expectations are moving side to side, say on a conveyor belt whose direction is governed by a limit imposed upon a randomly generated number, then most probably, again, only the passenger car can pass.

Adding further complexity is the motor speed driving the conveyor belt upon which the expectations rest.  If the belt is moving really fuoking fast, it's possible that even the passenger car could not navigate the expectations.  Unless the imposed polling interval of the randomly generated number-driven bi-directional motor is sufficiently small and the decision probability odds lay close to

50/50,

in which case only a minor lateral "jitter" would occur regarding the gap between the expectations.

Given these constraints, maybe even a vehicle as long as a train could pass through them.  Provided it was traveling at sufficient speed of course.

In summation, I'm guessing it's

50/50

whether a semi could pass through the expectations gap.

Chaos theory, is it good, or is it wack?

giphy.gif

Well said but what do you know about cows and the dairy biz?

On 11/15/2016 at 4:05 PM, 3star_recruit said:

Valpo was down to SUU well into the 2nd half. Doc, haven't you watched enough pre Thanksgiving games to take these early season performances with a grain of salt?

Fair point.  But I think it's hard to look at our schedule (along with our recent games against bad teams) and see many wins, sorry.  For one thing, MN is dormant, & Gillman is Gillman, so we are lost down low -- RA cannot reach those kinds of numbers against A10 bigs.  Welmer, as I've been saying for over a year, is really good and once he bulks up, could score a lot this year;  but balancing out EW's help is the fact that JB is stalled and a bit overwhelmed (room for hope there, though).  And I'm still worried about MC's leg/feet.  Thus: Roby is the "star" of this team.  I do like DR and he is in better shape than I've seen him, mentally & physically, but in Division I, a lot can be determined by describing your best player.

Outside of a few chance wins at home against very tired teams traveling through February snowstorms -- like last year's stunners against Davidson & UMass -- who we gonna beat??  I am going with the Bills tonight, by at least 5, for example . . . . .still,  boo hoo, long year; probably a lot longer than most on here anticipate.  Presently not drinking much koolaid, short term that is.

ps: this whole debacle surrounding Tilmon is amazing, what a knucklehead narrative.... I'm embarrassed to say I wasted 15 seconds of my life, caring about his decision making non-skills.  Another confused teenagers jerking us old-timers around, I sort of resent it to be honest....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I predicted 15 wins, this qualifies me (as the Wiz called me) as one of the greatest optimists in this board. However, the season is not over yet, we still have to play LaSalle and Richmond, plus the A10 tournament, and we are up to 10 wins. We may well finish the season with a few more wins.

3 hours ago, Taj79 said:

Mine was 11 so I got La Salle and the PIG going for me yet.

Same here. Still a chance!

And it'd be the same win total Crews achieved in each of his last two seasons, which is...something.