Marketing department

19 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

They're conditioned to only show up when they get free pizza.  I can see the texts flying back and forth now "You going to the game tonight?"  "I don't know, is there going to be free pizza."  "No." "Let's do something else."  Trying to bribe the students into coming to the games with free food, instead of just trying to play to their school pride, has  backfired.

-unfortunately could well be the case, ADept should have hired Prez long ago when she made her case to them

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Cowboy said:

-unfortunately could well be the case, ADept should have hired Prez long ago when she made her case to them

There are quite a few former students that I know have made their case to the AD. We've seen a lot of great marketing people come and go and it seems like that has been the problem in the last year or so. 

4 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Where is our marketing department re: bus debacle? This is a fantastic opportunity to have a good sense of humor on social media and reach out to new fans...

Have you seen how many tweets there have been about the incident?  Ford even held a press conference today.  It also is a delicate situation since a DUI is involved - limiting opportunities for humor.  SLU is handling this well.

3 minutes ago, SluSignGuy said:

Have you seen how many tweets there have been about the incident?  Ford even held a press conference today.  It also is a delicate situation since a DUI is involved - limiting opportunities for humor.  SLU is handling this well.

I respectfully disagree. Yes you have to stay away from the DUI. But you have to make light of the bus being stolen. or being stuck in a gym for hours. 

Press conferences are SID territory who at SLU are better at marketing than our marketing guy. 

6 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

05, you should put together a formal, comprehensive marketing plan for the athletic department and show it to them.  Make it as detailed as possible.  I'm being serious.

Yes, and while you're at it 05 can you please tell me where I can get my 6 year old a new jersey?  His white Jordair one has dippin dot stains all over it.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, juniorbill76 said:

You're being facetious, but does the Billiken ever make appearances - on Grand, at schools, at shopping malls? I have no idea.

When I worked for the Ambush I had to go pick up the Billiken and find someone to wear it in the Mascot soccer game. Granted it was during a break but still I feel like it should've been easier to get the Billiken to make an appearance at a mascot centric event in a relatively untapped market like St. Charles. Luckily the marketing person then was familiar with me and allowed me to do this. These are the type of fun low risk events Billiken athletics should be marketing at.

17 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Really enjoyed that marketing and promotions communicated the Billiken blizzard to the spirit squad. I get that it's Valentine's Day and pink I guess but god damn if you're going to do a promotion like the Blizzard do it full on. 

Looking at the crowd last night it was more slight flurries than a blizzard....

giphy.gif

18 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

When I worked for the Ambush I had to go pick up the Billiken and find someone to wear it in the Mascot soccer game. Granted it was during a break but still I feel like it should've been easier to get the Billiken to make an appearance at a mascot centric event in a relatively untapped market like St. Charles. Luckily the marketing person then was familiar with me and allowed me to do this. These are the type of fun low risk events Billiken athletics should be marketing at.

Can you still hire the Billiken out for private appearances? I remember him showing up at a birthday party for a friend's kid years ago. The dad wasn't anybody important in the school; apparently he just called SLU up and rented the Billiken out.

On 2/15/2017 at 11:52 AM, Cowboy said:

-anyone else having an issue with SLUBillikens.com? it is better for me using IE than Chrome, but neither is good

I haven't figured out how to get the full schedule on there with the new layout. Easier to use ESPN or any of the other 200 sites out there than the school's.