Marketing department

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Bobby Metzinger said:

We are last in the A-10 in time of possession anyway.

Oh, well played, Bobby. Well played. [Grammatical golf clap.]

26 minutes ago, juniorbill76 said:

But we agree that the second i should not be optional, yes?

bbshow.png

So you're saying that the athletic marketing people Billked us out of an "i"? 

1 hour ago, Billboy1 said:

Now let's talk more basketball on the show and take more fan questions.

-this makes too much sense, hopefully the comment from show #1 to discuss recruits on show #2 that was not done is fulfilled (only Goodwin and French and I realize the only item on Goodwin is to say the surgery was a success and now he has to do therapy but he will be 100% by the start of practice and will have no contact until the doctors say the shoulder is ready for it)

11 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

I assume everyone got the email from the "The Official Online Store of St. Louis University" offering special deals to celebrate National Signing Day.  Of course, its national signing day for football, and we don't have a football team.

The online store is run by Fanatics, which is a third party that also runs the online stores of a lot of colleges, many with football. I'm sure this went out to everyone who's bought from their Fanatics-run store(s) of choice.

21 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

I assume everyone got the email from the "The Official Online Store of St. Louis University" offering special deals to celebrate National Signing Day.  Of course, its national signing day for football, and we don't have a football team.

So, you're not going to buy merchandise to celebrate our soccer signings?

I would if I knew anything about who our soccer signings were.  The ad had a picture of a football on it.

I know its a third party company, but it still says Official Store of SLU Athletics or whatever.  Just thought it was interesting that they wanted us to celebrate national football signing day.

23 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

I would if I knew anything about who our soccer signings were.  The ad had a picture of a football on it.

I know its a third party company, but it still says Official Store of SLU Athletics or whatever.  Just thought it was interesting that they wanted us to celebrate national football signing day.

-it is not national football signing day but football gets the attention

-SLUBillikens.com indicates 8 soccer signings

9 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Congratulations to our cracked marketing squad that couldn't fill half the student section on a tshirt giveaway night. Absolute debacle.

Yeah, as I mentioned near the end of the GDT, I saw the table of shirts for the Gray Out (students only) and was stunned to find only a handful of students at the game when it started. So I wondered if they (SLU) don't have a clue how to publicize something, OR do the students just not care. I know it's a midweek game, but it started at 6 PM.

They're conditioned to only show up when they get free pizza.  I can see the texts flying back and forth now "You going to the game tonight?"  "I don't know, is there going to be free pizza."  "No." "Let's do something else."  Trying to bribe the students into coming to the games with free food, instead of just trying to play to their school pride, has  backfired.