Marketing department

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Saintsations really need a cannon or a slingshot. You can't just throw tshirts and balls to the rich folk in the front 10 rows. Have to engage the entire crowd. What happened to all the contests? No trivia, no bungee cord layup game. How about a layup, FT, 3, half court for courtside seats or something. 

23 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

The Saintsations really need a cannon or a slingshot. You can't just throw tshirts and balls to the rich folk in the front 10 rows. Have to engage the entire crowd. What happened to all the contests? No trivia, no bungee cord layup game. How about a layup, FT, 3, half court for courtside seats or something. 

They probably cut some of the promotions tonight so that they wouldn't have to go back to the same fan more than once.

You can probably go back 10 years on this board and find comments about the t-shirts and balls. They can't even get the easy stuff right. 

And how much cooler would the atmosphere be if they simply let the rest of the arena move into the center-court sections after about five minutes are gone in the second half?

20 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Was pleased with the selection of merchandise at the actual team store in Chaifetz. It's a shame they cants get the online store sorted out. 

Anyways, bought a Nike dri-fit polo with the new logo. It's really growing on me. 

The Nike polo's are great they really are. They have an awesome selection of women's shirts. I really think they could do better with a selection of different Nike stuff though. Still can't get replica jerseys or shorts which is shocking.

11 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

The Saintsations really need a cannon or a slingshot. You can't just throw tshirts and balls to the rich folk in the front 10 rows. Have to engage the entire crowd.

I thought in the past they've had a slingshot?  This is stupid, but I wonder if they are trying to limit liability / avoid lawsuits.  It only takes 1 kid with over protective and sue happy parents to get blasted in face with a slingshot T-shirt to wind up in a lawsuit.

11 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

The Nike polo's are great they really are. They have an awesome selection of women's shirts. I really think they could do better with a selection of different Nike stuff though. Still can't get replica jerseys or shorts which is shocking.

I never really saw the detail in this year's shorts until last night... I would buy them today if they were online.

18 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

I thought in the past they've had a slingshot?  This is stupid, but I wonder if they are trying to limit liability / avoid lawsuits.  It only takes 1 kid with over protective and sue happy parents to get blasted in face with a slingshot T-shirt to wind up in a lawsuit.

I think you are overthinking it. They used to have a tshirt cannon....I just assume it's either ineptitude or laziness. I mean look at what they did with the timeout entertainment. It's obvious that they just scrambled up the program already in place. Then sat back and looked at it like they were God on the 7th day.

4 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

I think you are overthinking it. They used to have a tshirt cannon....I just assume it's either ineptitude or laziness. I mean look at what they did with the timeout entertainment. It's obvious that they just scrambled up the program already in place. Then sat back and looked at it like they were God on the 7th day.

I was in the front row of the student section during the exhibition game and I think it broke either before or during that game. Some of the cheerleaders were messing with it. 

37 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

I guess this is as good of a place as any to post this. I noticed last night that there weren't microphones set up in the Band. While some instruments carry well enough across the arena, there are definitely some instruments I couldn't hear. Also, without microphones, soloists aren't heard as well. 

chaifetz arena has a great sound system. the building still impresses me every time i walk in there. the designers absolutely nailed it. best 10k seat arena in the world in my opinion.

46 minutes ago, Soderball said:

chaifetz arena has a great sound system. the building still impresses me every time i walk in there. the designers absolutely nailed it. best 10k seat arena in the world in my opinion.

Yes, well, if you don't set up microphones, you're not using the sound system. Some instruments carry well. Others don't, and for those you need to mic them up, or you can't hear them. 

1 hour ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

Yes, well, if you don't set up microphones, you're not using the sound system. Some instruments carry well. Others don't, and for those you need to mic them up, or you can't hear them. 

needs more cowbell.

I normally just enjoy the conversation...however, as I have a child going through the college application process and more importantly recently filled out a FAFSA...the "Federal Work Study" reference is actually a financial aid designation that states if you are eligible for federal work study aid...can't say I know what that means other than my kid is not eligible for that...so since that was a message intended for students, I would say the the posting is appropriate.  However this is not to say I don't agree with most other things discussed in this thread!!

7 hours ago, Johnekess2 said:

I normally just enjoy the conversation...however, as I have a child going through the college application process and more importantly recently filled out a FAFSA...the "Federal Work Study" reference is actually a financial aid designation that states if you are eligible for federal work study aid...can't say I know what that means other than my kid is not eligible for that...so since that was a message intended for students, I would say the the posting is appropriate.  However this is not to say I don't agree with most other things discussed in this thread!!

I think 05's issue was the fact that it was spelled "Fedederal." 

10 hours ago, Johnekess2 said:

you completely missed the joke. Well done.

• 1 month later...