I'm A Season Ticket Holder Again

Just became an official season ticket holder thanks to the flash sale. $99 for a whole season of division one basketball, even with a sub par product, is a steal. Love that the athletic department showed some competence by trying to take advantage of this wave of notoriety. Being a billiken fan is quickly becoming easier.

Just bought two season tickets for the $99 deal. It really is a great deal.

The question becomes, how much do the prices go up when guys like Goodwin and Gordon step on campus?

Follow up: Travis Ford actually responded to a tweet of mine and thanked me for my support. Classy move!

3 hours ago, gobillsgo said:

Just bought two season tickets for the $99 deal. It really is a great deal.

The question becomes, how much do the prices go up when guys like Goodwin and Gordon step on campus?

Follow up: Travis Ford actually responded to a tweet of mine and thanked me for my support. Classy move!

Hopefully quite a bit. They need to sell as many tickets at full price as possible, then sell the rest at whatever price can actually fill the seats. This year's $99 season tickets are a special deal equal to the young alumni deal and it was necessary because everyone knows the on-court product this year won't be good.

Next year they will be selling tickets based on the hope that the new transfers plus Goodwin/French will be high quality but let's be honest you have to be pretty plugged in to be aware of the jump we will make. I suspect they'll still have a bunch of discount packages.

The following year we'll be coming off an NCAA tourney (hopefully) and will have Gordon joining a bunch of 5th year seniors. No discounts to be had!

24 minutes ago, kshoe said:

Hopefully quite a bit. They need to sell as many tickets at full price as possible, then sell the rest at whatever price can actually fill the seats. This year's $99 season tickets are a special deal equal to the young alumni deal and it was necessary because everyone knows the on-court product this year won't be good.

Next year they will be selling tickets based on the hope that the new transfers plus Goodwin/French will be high quality but let's be honest you have to be pretty plugged in to be aware of the jump we will make. I suspect they'll still have a bunch of discount packages.

That's what I thought until this week. But maybe all the coverage these signings are getting will make the casual basketball fans in town expect a big step up next year (even though Gordon will still be a year away).

1 hour ago, cheeseman said:

Just got mine and I am missing the first 3 game tix and no free give away.  I will have to call them on Monday I guess.  Not happy about the foul up.

May sound really silly, but I thought I was missing tickets too, but it took me a second to notice that the tickets are in reverse order by date.  So the first game ticket is on the right of the first or second page (which makes sense in terms of tearing out the ticket).