Yarbrough arrested at ISU

JMM28

Yea, I guess. I am just glad that this matter is being allowed to be handled internally.  If I am trying to fit in with the new players on my new college team and one of them comes up to me bragging that he stole a cell phone and handed it to me...It is asking a lot for MY to turn around and scold his new teammate before reporting him to the authorities.  Sure, there are better ways that he could have handled this, but this incident doesnt really indicate that he is headed for a future as a criminal drain on society. 

That is all I am saying. 

Okay, thanks for the explanation.  Bottom line is he should have never accepted stolen property.  I won't say he's headed for a life of crime based on this but poor judgment continues to be a part of the track record. 

1 hour ago, SLU_Nick said:

Yea, I guess. I am just glad that this matter is being allowed to be handled internally.  If I am trying to fit in with the new players on my new college team and one of them comes up to me bragging that he stole a cell phone and handed it to me...It is asking a lot for MY to turn around and scold his new teammate before reporting him to the authorities.  Sure, there are better ways that he could have handled this, but this incident doesnt really indicate that he is headed for a future as a criminal drain on society. 

That is all I am saying. 

Nick.  Please re-read the article.  While limited and few details given, the article does state, first, that MY and another player have both been charged by the authorities with theft. Second, receipt of stolen properties is a crime and apparently MY admitted to knowing the phone was stolen.  Third, the phone not only appears to have been in the possession of MY but also was recently activated so it appears that MY tried to actually use the stolen phone as his own as opposed to simply not reporting his teammate.  And, most likley, the phone belongs to another student at ISU.  In short, it sure appears to me that both players should be dismissed from the school.

2 hours ago, Taj79 said:

Okay, thanks for the explanation.  Bottom line is he should have never accepted stolen property.  I won't say he's headed for a life of crime based on this but poor judgment continues to be a part of the track record. 

Did MY exhibit poor judgment off the court while here? I don't recall any but have tried my best to block out the past two years so maybe I forgot something.

Should I drive into the lane where four defenders are waiting for me and try to score even though there is very little chance of success?  Answer: Yes

Should I take this stolen phone and activate it knowing that phones can be tracked and using it has very little chance of success?  Answer: Yes

Sounds like his issues with poor judgment extend to off the court as well.  I hope he is able to find success in life someday off the court/out of the courts.

kshoe:  I think so.  I don't feel at liberty to say, that would just be passing on second hand and third hand knowledge and I'm trying to turn a new leaf..  cgeldmacher points out some well-known court flaws.  I'll just leave it at that.  Poor judgment is not restricted solely to on- or off-court behavior.  The great philosopher Confucious said "stupid is as stupid does."  Wait ---- maybe that was Forrest Gump.