• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, TheChosenOne said:

Which place?

St. Louis metropolitan area.

I dont know if there is any truth to this or if this guy is being sarcastic, but I found the following on the A10 board:

Originally Posted by AlienAiden View Post
I was told that Gordon will reclass which will give them French, Goodwin and Gordan for 2017.

Originally Posted by BBall_Lifer View Post
Source?

My source is a AAU/Recruiting service guy. He made one of Gordon's mixtapes. He said.....he is a reclass kid. I think since he committed that they want him to come early. Being a 5-star recruit he would not commit so early unless he planned to come for 2017. 

That is exactly how it was put to me.

Interesting, I think this is the first mention of this being a possibility. Based on some of the comments made by Frank and others on this board about him working thru some maturation issues, this would be a little surprising to me. Although, while we have heard he has some maturing to do (and apparently has made big strides), I have not seen anything about him being an academic risk, so maybe it could happen. Someone should tweet that question to Sam Snelling, he has connections with those at Webster who may know.

Just now, HoosierPal said:

Let's call this one like it is.  Corey Tate needs a raise.  Both Goodwin and Gordon singled out Tate, being a family friend, as a primary reason they selected SLU.  The 'suitcase' needs to go into Corey's car.

He really does and I should be the one to deliver it to him for calling him out.

8 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

No take. I will even buy him dinner prior to handing the bag over. I deserve a little public shame for my comments, but my Tate jersey is on order.

You are going to take him out for a nice seafood dinner and never call him again, aren't you?

BTW, I think EW  better find a really good STL MD if he plans on staying at SLU.  He is going to get broken in half with the bangers he will be up against everyday in practice.  He's had two years after HS to develop a better body and from the video I see he hasn't done it.  Can you imagine him competing for rebounds in practice against Bess, Foreman, French and Gordon?

I

16 minutes ago, brownindians said:

Welcome to the Reilly Center - can't wait for his first Amish Taxi ride ALLLLL the way down from Buffalo Airport. That's if the plane can land in the blinding snow storm with 4 feet of snow already on the ground and a wind chill of minus 5 below. 

I think part of our recruiting pitch was that CG could take a sick day any time we were going to visit our friends in the brown robes!

You better enjoy beating the Bills this season 'cause it ain't gonna happen after that!

3 hours ago, WestCoastBilliken said:

I dont know if there is any truth to this or if this guy is being sarcastic, but I found the following on the A10 board:

Originally Posted by AlienAiden View Post
I was told that Gordon will reclass which will give them French, Goodwin and Gordan for 2017.

Originally Posted by BBall_Lifer View Post
Source?

My source is a AAU/Recruiting service guy. He made one of Gordon's mixtapes. He said.....he is a reclass kid. I think since he committed that they want him to come early. Being a 5-star recruit he would not commit so early unless he planned to come for 2017. 

That is exactly how it was put to me.

I've heard of people reclassifying down a year but its pretty hard to graduate from highschool and qualify for college with the right number of NCAA approved courses in only 3 years. Doesn't seem likely.

48 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

Proud Willie Reed is staying involved with the program. Sent a welcome tweet the Gordon today. 

Gordon played for the same AAU squad that Willie did.  I'm sure they ran into each other over the summer.

8 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

"I'm from St. Louis. This is me."

I can dig that. 

No kidding that is great to watch.  After last year and all those videos of seeing Tatum say that is why he is still considering SLU, finally great to hear it said for why a recruit picked SLU.  Interview helped calm my worries about him reconsidering for now.  Still lots of time though.