Welcome to SLU, Carte'Are Gordon!

Pistol

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

No chance he wants to play with Gordan at SLU?

That's right. Ramey just came out with his top 13 and we weren't on it. There is 0 chance he's going to SLU and its OK because we already have Gordon, have Thatch and still have a shot at Watson.

17 minutes ago, kshoe said:

That's right. Ramey just came out with his top 13 and we weren't on it. There is 0 chance he's going to SLU and its OK because we already have Gordon, have Thatch and still have a shot at Watson.

I know I saw that, but it doesn't mean he can't change his mind. He seems like a guy who might wait awhile his senior year to make a decision

24 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

I know I saw that, but it doesn't mean he can't change his mind. He seems like a guy who might wait awhile his senior year to make a decision

from what I hear he wants to get away from St Louis, has nothing to do with SLU.

1 hour ago, Glorydays2013 said:

I would think even if he had the slightest interest in SLU, he would have had a top 14.  I doubt he is serious about all 13 of the schools on his list, probably has his top 3-5 already, but leaves some on just in case.  

5 minutes ago, Old guy said:

I have heard all along that Ramey did not want to come to SLU, why should he get us in his top 13 list?

I think some local kids keep the local programs on their lists just for the additional media attention that stays on them. Locally it is not as big of a story if a kid is choosing between Louisville, Texas, Ohio State, and Kansas State, but keeping SLU/Mizzou/Illinois on the list guarantees the local media stays interested. There really would not be much interest locally otherwise beyond a quick mention that this local kid committed to some random high major program out of the area. Something for those kids to consider when making that decision as well if staying relevant locally is important to them.

might there still be a kid our two that doesn't want hype and attention? Any talk of WG HS basketball player and changing of mind should be discouraged could lead to a bad karma/careful for what you wish for kind of thing and bite us on the ass. Safe to say that chances of us losing Gordon are far greater than us getting Ramey. I too think neither will happen. 

On 1/28/2017 at 6:18 PM, Old guy said:

I have heard all along that Ramey did not want to come to SLU, why should he get us in his top 13 list?

Exactly. Who cares about him. He can go be a nobody and get high with Pitino at Louisville. It's irrelevant. Let's focus on the guys who are interested in coming to SLU and making a truly special program.

Go spend time with Tatum being a nobody. Just another face on the team.

Thatch and Gordon and Goodwin will enjoy winning the A10 and receiving all the media spotlight and attention of a top 20 market, particularly in an area devoid of other distractions in early March. This program is ready to explode.

8 minutes ago, Soderball said:

Exactly. Who cares about him. He can go be a nobody and get high with Pitino at Louisville. It's irrelevant. Let's focus on the guys who are interested in coming to SLU and making a truly special program.

Thatch and Gordon and Goodwin will enjoy winning the A10 and receiving all the media spotlight and attention of a top 20 market, particularly in an area devoid of other distractions in early March. This program is ready to explode.

You don't think Cardinals spring training doesn't cause a shift in media attention?

43 minutes ago, Soderball said:

I wouldn't say Tatum is "a nobody" and "just another face", he's averaging 16 & 7 on the 21st ranked team in the country. He's Duke's second leading scorer, was just named one of ten 2017 Julius Erving Small Forward of the Year finalists and is a projected lottery pick as a freshman.

1 minute ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

I wouldn't say Tatum is "a nobody" and "just another face", he's averaging 16 & 7 on the 21st ranked team in the country. He's Duke's second leading scorer, was just named one of ten 2017 Julius Erving Small Forward of the Year finalists and is a projected lottery pick.

He doesn't have near the hype he had going in. Duke is struggling. I will also call him a nobody.

11 hours ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

He doesn't have near the hype he had going in. Duke is struggling. I will also call him a nobody.

I will at least say at this point, I am glad we didn't land Tatum.  Tatum doesn't make this year's team a tournament team. Probably makes us have a little bit more respectable record, but not a tournament team IMO. Additionally, CrewsPlatt probably retain their jobs, and a year later we are right back where we were before Tatum.  I don't think Goodwin, French, Gordon, Thatch, etc are in the fold with Crews here.  

In summary: we are better off having not got Tatum. 

4 hours ago, gobillsgo said:

I will at least say at this point, I am glad we didn't land Tatum.  Tatum doesn't make this year's team a tournament team. Probably makes us have a little bit more respectable record, but not a tournament team IMO. Additionally, CrewsPlatt probably retain their jobs, and a year later we are right back where we were before Tatum.  I don't think Goodwin, French, Gordon, Thatch, etc are in the fold with Crews here.  

In summary: we are better off having not got Tatum. 

+1