Welcome to SLU, Carte'Are Gordon!

Pistol

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, thetorch said:

Many questioning this on social media.  There were allegations after Goodwin and there will be more now.

I think it is just a perfect storm.  SLU is a great school, great urban campus, world class facilities, now we have a head coach with energy and a great personality and an assistant coach who is THE STL recruiting insider.  This is what we've been waiting for.

You forgot to list the mascot.

FIREBALL!

Thank you Rich Grawer for starting this and thank you Rick Majerus raising our expectations on what can be accomplished with SLU basketball.

Thank you coach Ford for bringing back the fun to SLU basketball.

When coach Majerus came I thought this was possible and after his death and the Jim Crews buzz kill I started to worry.

Another great day to be a Billikens fan.

Welcome Mr. Gordon, you will be playing in front of a packed house.

48 minutes ago, thetorch said:

Many questioning this on social media.  There were allegations after Goodwin and there will be more now.

I think it is just a perfect storm.  SLU is a great school, great urban campus, world class facilities, now we have a head coach with energy and a great personality and an assistant coach who is THE STL recruiting insider.  This is what we've been waiting for.

+1 and this is a great place to live.

5 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

For those that might know, does Webster Groves play its games at the actual high school, or is it like football, where they play at the middle school?

Roberts gym. best gym in STL. attached to HS

9 minutes ago, DoctorB said:

wow.  no words, only visuals:

please remember when you watch this that it is a 16-year old with 2 full years more of high school -- check out how long those arms are!  I saw him as a freshman and he was already devastating...

He's good, but he's no Adam Knollmeyer. 

7 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

I think most are under the impression Ramey is a lost cause at this point. I'd love to have him, just don't think it will happen at this point. 

Really? I haven't been following the recruiting process that closely. Just saw he was a Webster kid in the same graduating class as Gordon. I'm guessing he's enamored with a P5 school?

9 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

Can any player be considered a lost cause at this point? 

At this point, I suppose not. I wouldn't put it beyond Ford to be able to turn it around. Just seems like Ramey is determined to go out of state somewhere. Doesn't mean things can't change. 

So, is the future brighter now, before Coach Ford has coached a game, or was the future brighter prior to Coach Majerus coaching a game?  On one hand you had a coach that couldn't recruit top talent, but could find diamonds in the rough and could outcoach any opposing coach.  On the other hand you have a coach who can recruit top talent, but has been criticized before for not being the best in game coach.

I have to think the future is brighter now, given what Coach Ford has done recruiting wise, even more so that when we had Coach Majerus.  I say this, because I think the talent we have can get us to a level where we have never been (Sweet 16).  Even Majerus's best teams never made it past the Round of 32.  I think we saw the ceiling of what Coach Majerus was going to do here.  I believe Coach Ford's ceiling is even higher.

The fact that Ford has done this while the stench of Coach Crews's dumpster fire is still in the air is hard to comprehend.  However, I don't think anything illegal is happening.  I think local players have been waiting on a situation where SLU's prospects were looking up and where they could play for a players' coach like Ford.  Despite all his positives, Coach Majerus didn't give off that players' coach feel.  The players had to get to know him before truly respecting what he was doing for them.

If Ford really does start to get the top talent in St. Louis to stay home on a regular basis, and supplements with good recruits from elsewhere, then we are going to be the next Gonzaga or Xavier.