Welcome to SLU, Hasahn French!

Pistol

9 minutes ago, brianstl said:

We should probably see how those guys perform before we count them all as depth for next season.  I think at least a couple of those guys will be encouraged to move on or will see the writing on the wall when it comes to playing time.

I agree that we need to see what this season brings, but if any of them were to go, Neufeld would be my bet. Ford has said pretty positive things about the others at some point. I think even the most questionable among them will be worthwhile role players. Roby and Gillmann will be seniors; they put their time in.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Pistol said:

I agree that we need to see what this season brings, but if any of them were to go, Neufeld would be my bet. Ford has said pretty positive things about the others at some point. I think even the most questionable among them will be worthwhile role players. Roby and Gillmann will be seniors; they put their time in.

I think Roby is going to thrive under Ford. Just have a feeling. 

I truly believe next season will be an NCAA team. Transfers have gotten pretty solid reviews in practice, two well-regarded players of a physical style are coming in as well. Also there is still a scholarship available, and the players this season could perform much better under Ford. I'm drinking the kool-aid.

5 minutes ago, johnbj14 said:

I truly believe next season will be an NCAA team. Transfers have gotten pretty solid reviews in practice, two well-regarded players of a physical style are coming in as well. Also there is still a scholarship available, and the players this season could perform much better under Ford. I'm drinking the kool-aid.

I think this is important: Goodwin and French will not have to change their bodies to be successful at the next level. That is a potentially major hurdle they have already cleared.

12 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Wow, didn't realize he had the outside touch to go along with his inside game. 

He doesn't take many perimeter shots, but picks his spots carefully and makes them at a good clip. He's a dreadful FT shooter, though. Hopefully he puts in a lot of time at the stripe in the next year.

I'm in the camp that this can be an NCAA team next year. Need to stay healthy, use the last scholly wisely and most importantly have 2-3 returners step up this season and prove they can play a role on an NCAA team.

i certainly was never one that believed it would take 10 years to get the program back on track but I am very impressed with how fast Ford is moving.

Welcome to SLU Mr French.

We could start 5 players all ranked in the top 150 in their classes coming out of HS. 

Adonys-39, Goodwin 56, Bess 119, DJ 133, French 139. Obviously rankings don't guarantee success, however since Larry have we had a player ranked top 50?, 100? Hell, have we even had another top 150?

It's going to be fun this year just watching who gets to stick around and earn minutes in 17-18.

6 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

Welcome to SLU Mr French.

We could start 5 players all ranked in the top 150 in their classes coming out of HS. 

Adonys-39, Goodwin 56, Bess 119, DJ 133, French 139. Obviously rankings don't guarantee success, however since Larry have we had a player ranked top 50?, 100? Hell, have we even had another top 150?

It's going to be fun this year just watching who gets to stick around and earn minutes in 17-18.

Don't forget Jalen! According to Verbal Commits he had a composite rank of 144.

Just now, almaman said:

These top 150 numbers are they all from same rater? or is it like being an All-Americans  where there are a number of legit sources for a list. Also is it top 150 overall or by position? Thanks I'll take my answers off my feet

Overall. Next year we will have 6 top 150 players as of now, Johnson, Bess, Adonys, Goodwin,French, Foreman

54 minutes ago, Zink said:

Don't forget Jalen! According to Verbal Commits he had a composite rank of 144.

I just did a quick rivals search and it didn't show him so I didn't list him. I thought I had heard he was up there though. I just couldn't remember. Just wondering if anyone knows how many top 150 players we've had since Larry?

14 minutes ago, almaman said:

These top 150 numbers are they all from same rater? or is it like being an All-Americans  where there are a number of legit sources for a list. Also is it top 150 overall or by position? Thanks I'll take my answers off my feet

I used Rivals. Just did a quick search with name and rivals and that's what was listed

3 hours ago, FromDaEastSide said:

Is it to early to book a hotel room for San Antonio from March 30 to April 2, 2018.

14 minutes ago, hsmith19 said:

I just booked a block of six rooms with mini-bar and bottle service. PM me if interested.

-I thought A_Bomb was hosting in San Antonio?

-if not, hsmith, is your hotel six blocks from the venue? if so, I'm in

This is fantastic.  Its pretty amazing the recruits  Ford has already pulled in considering the state of the program.  Also, its great to see some of these national writers like Biancardi, Eric Bossi, Evan Daniels, etc.. commenting on our commitments(Goodwin and French).  We have never really had that before

13 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-I thought A_Bomb was hosting in San Antonio?

-if not, hsmith, is your hotel six blocks from the venue? if so, I'm in

MoyToy and I have bed space for about 10 between us.  Previously, I volunteered to host during Arlington Texas' Final 4.  I Now live in Austin and we could rent a bus to shuttle us from my place to SA, it's a 1.5 hr drive.  We could pitch in for a keg of Easy Drinking Busch Light to make the ride better or just stop at Buc-ee's for tall boys.

Overflow goes to Knight's Inn.

Breakfast Tacos are complimentary.