Billikens.com Fundraiser

SluSignGuy

Thank you Rise and Grind and Clock Tower I will spend my lunch hour to join today.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First, thank you everyone for your generosity.  We have a great community here, and it says something about how quick people were to support it with their pocketbooks.  To reply to some of the comments in this thread....

19 hours ago, bauman said:

I wanted to let you know that the schedule on the front page of Billikens.com does not list the Nov 17 home game against E. Illinois.  The school web site still shows that game so I assume that it will be played.

Thanks for pointing this out.  It should be fixed now.

18 hours ago, Major Majerus said:

steve - what about a long sleeve T for supporters (extra $25 or more ) with a retro Billiken, if SLU would allow?

I have thought about doing another T-Shirt (with the retro billiken).  I, however, thought of doing something a little nicer (e.g. a polo or button up shirt), since I am not sure if everyone necessarily wants to wear a T-Shirt to games in the winter.

11 hours ago, Clock_Tower said:

Billiken Club, as has been pointed out, is a great thing, all are encourage to join/donate but has nothing to do with this Board. Steve's Board here also is a good thing and also needs our financial support.

This is correct.  I should note that donations to Billikens.com are not tax deductible nor have anything to do with Saint Louis University.  The Billiken Club is completely separate, and I encourage that you join (I got my new membership card in the mail yesterday).  However, all donations to Billikens.com are allocated to costs of the site, and I personally do not receive any profit from them.

10 minutes ago, SluSignGuy said:

First, thank you everyone for your generosity.  We have a great community here, and it says something about how quick people were to support it with their pocketbooks.  To reply to some of the comments in this thread....

Thanks for pointing this out.  It should be fixed now.

I have thought about doing another T-Shirt (with the retro billiken).  I, however, thought of doing something a little nicer (e.g. a polo or button up shirt), since I am not sure if everyone necessarily wants to wear a T-Shirt to games in the winter.

This is correct.  I should note that donations to Billikens.com are not tax deductible nor have anything to do with Saint Louis University.  The Billiken Club is completely separate, and I encourage that you join (I got my new membership card in the mail yesterday).  However, all donations to Billikens.com are allocated to costs of the site, and I personally do not receive any profit from them.

Steve - are we making good progress on donations? 

I don't want to suggest how much to donate to keep Billikens.com in business, but those of us that are regular readers need to do better than a token contribution.  I would also hope that all occasional visitors at least make a contribution of some amount.  With all the readers of this Board, if everyone would make some contribution, then Steve should be able to continue his great work for Billiken fans.

1 hour ago, SluSignGuy said:

For an update, we raised over $1,600 in our first week.  Thank you to all who donated! 

If you have yet to donate, you can by check, Venmo, or PayPay.  More details at http://www.billikens.com/donate . 

thermometer.php?currency=dollar&goal=3800&current=1600&color=blue&size=medium

Steve, I made you a thermometer (I do not know exactly what the goal is but it can be edited!).

Steve, thanks for taking the time to mail me a thank you note for my contribution.  It wasn't necessary, but is much appreciated.

I hope all users of this Board have made some contribution to help Steve keep this Board as the premier spot to get Billiken basketball information.  We all owe him a tremendous debt for all the work he puts into this "off duty" project.

1 hour ago, bauman said:

Steve, thanks for taking the time to mail me a thank you note for my contribution.  It wasn't necessary, but is much appreciated.

I hope all users of this Board have made some contribution to help Steve keep this Board as the premier spot to get Billiken basketball information.  We all owe him a tremendous debt for all the work he puts into this "off duty" project.

+1

15 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Steve how are we doing?

As of this morning, we are just over $2600, mostly retiring the debt.  Thanks to everyone who has donated!

I will likely keep the fundraiser "active" for another couple of weeks.  Then do another one before the start of next season (or the following), and hopefully after then there is no debt at all and we have some cash reserves.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, SluSignGuy said:

We are up to $2849.  I will probably keep things posted for one more week.  

I was thinking about using the member directory to shame frequent posters who haven't contributed (or at least haven posted anything about it).  However, I cannot seem to figure out how to access the directory anymore.  I see where to go for posters who are currently online, but I thought there used to be a directory that had all users and showed their # of posts and date they became a member.

25 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

I'd advise against such a tact.  Such a tact might make you look  silly .....

I think the old man here is wise.  Users have been very generous.  We have raised almost $1200 more than we did in 2012.    We have pretty much settled the "debt," and I will make sure the lights stay on for the next year or two before doing another fundraiser.

Steve