Billikens.com Fundraiser

SluSignGuy

Many of you have asked me over the last few years when we will be holding the next fundraiser.  Steve finally has gotten his act together, and the answer is over the next month.For newer users, Billikens.com has always been run with the support of donations from users.  We have held five fundraisers since 2003, with the last one being in 2012.  As the site has grown in popularity (e.g. having 1000s of unique visitors each week), so have the expenses.  The site costs approximately $1100 a year to run (not including labor).

Donations from our last fundraiser covered the costs of Billikens.com through March of 2014.  However given the length of time since our last fundraiser, Billikens.com is currently about $2700 in the red, which I have personally covered over the past two years.

I have always been proud to say that Billikens.com is supported by donations, and here, I ask for your generosity once more to help keep the site running without having to resort to ads or subscriptions. I recognize that everyone's financial situation is different, so I completely understand if you are unable to donate.

I do not expect to both retire Billikens.com’s debt and cover the cost for the next year in this fundraiser (it would be great if we did, but this would require over doubling what we raised last time).

You should be able to donate via PayPal at http://www.billikens.com/donate.  You can also mail a check to: Steven Rogers; 420 N. Sarah St.; Apt E.; St. Louis, MO 63108.  If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to email me at [email protected]

Thank you for your support.
Steve

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve, I tried to PM you, but couldn't get it to work- it said that we could not send messages to you.  Again that is probably my lack of computer skills.

I wanted to let you know that the schedule on the front page of Billikens.com does not list the Nov 17 home game against E. Illinois.  The school web site still shows that game so I assume that it will be played.

Thanks for doing a great job on this web site, especially all the years that you were living out of St. Louis.  My check is in the mail

Thank you Steve, the check will be mailed Tuesday morning, some of us old guys are still stuck is the past writing them.  Like Major Majerus perfectly said the site feeds my habit.  What a great time to be a Billiken fan and I believe this site is go to get very popular with the team that is being built.

I am not an alumni, am I able to join the Billiken club?

1 hour ago, CBFan said:

Thank you Steve, the check will be mailed Tuesday morning, some of us old guys are still stuck is the past writing them.  Like Major Majerus perfectly said the site feeds my habit.  What a great time to be a Billiken fan and I believe this site is go to get very popular with the team that is being built.

Yes. And you should. 

3 hours ago, CBFan said:

CBFan.

Just to be clear.  The Billiken Club is level of donation run by the SLU Athletic Department to raise money for the sports program.  In return, donors/members receive recognition and points.  Points are used for ranking purposes for things such as priority of purchasing season tickets to post-season tickets, etc.  Last I recall, Alumni start with with 20 points as opposed to non-Alumni who start with zero points.  Otherwise, points are earned by both Alumni and non-Alumni alike through the amount of your donations, the number of years you have purchased of season tickets, etc.  The higher number of points, the higher your ranking.  Billiken Club, as has been pointed out, is a great thing, all are encourage to join/donate but has nothing to do with this Board. Steve's Board here also is a good thing and also needs our financial support.

Steve, none of the money you are raising goes toward the Travis Ford briefcase cash program, correct?:D  At $325,000 per case, Ford is sure going through alot of cash -- Goodwin, French, Bess... and Tillmon has yet to pick up his case yet!!  Thank you Dr. C!!